Hatchie eats thermometer

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davem54

Reaction score
Some have trouble getting their hatchie to eat fuzzies. This one ate the thermometer. I have been in the habit of leaving the thermometer in the tub to keep an eye on the temps but will have to rethink that. I found him like that early this morning and gently pushed it back out. Once it got near his mouth he regurgitated it himself. I just could not believe it when I couldn't find the other thermometer. Excuse the pics as it was early this morning with poor lighting hence the blurry , off colour pics. He seems fine now. Wonder what got into his little head? I didn't think to check his internal temp when the thermometer came out.

Attachments

• ht1.JPG
    ht1.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 233
  • ht2.JPG
    ht2.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 216
  • ht3.JPG
    ht3.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 209
  • ht4.JPG
    ht4.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 239
  • ht5.JPG
    ht5.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 285
Haha... i think he deserves a new name (presuming he already has one)... Mercury!

Mercury it is then. Mercury has allways drawn attention to himself and has shown a bit of character.

Thats a new way of checking his Temp!!!!! So how was he afterwards?

Teamsherman the thermometers come from one of those cheap shops. I think it was the warehouse, $1:50. (I think) But you have to check them out as some read different temps. Don't leave them with hatchies !!! I checked and the swallowed one had no roughness on the end fortunately. Dave

1st thread I read today, and it's a corker!! Thanks for the laugh!!

Its great that it turned out ok so we can all have a giggle about it :)

Amazing, I wonder what on earth made your lil fella eat it to start with..lol....Your lil fella is so lucky it turned out ok, or should I say regurged out ok..

Great pics

You have double checked the thermometer for cracks etc..

thats the most bizzarre thing i've ever seen,..!!

glad it didnt hurt him,..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back