Hypo Bredli Pic Request

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickM

Reaction score
I would love to see some hypo bredli pics. How many different lines of hypos are there and are they all the same or are some better than others? Is the hypo trait co-dominant or recessive?

Thanks

Nick

I could but for 2 things, firstly I dont know how to post pics (so ill read up, I see people ask all the time) and secondly my photo's arent that great.

But on the other hand my hypo's are pretty damn good

Frogster

Here you go Nick, these are Simon Stone lineage. The photos were taken when they were hatchlings, I really need to take some more recent pics.

zero-0906-001.jpg

zigzag-0806-001.jpg

I am so jealous of Australian keepers, we dont have any hypos over here. I hatched a female three years ago that looked very much like a hypo but as it aged it gained black pigment. she is still a great looking snake but I dont think at this point shes a hypo, at least not like the ones you have down there.
This pic is of the one I hatched when she was about 6 months old.
Are there differrent genetic lines or are they all descended from one founder animal?

Nick
hyper.jpg

Great pics guys....................

i think the hypo trait is co-dominant, correct me if i'm wrong

That's right, it is co-dominant...

NickM - post some pics of her as an adult - ideally a hypo would have no black pigment but it is not necessary to have no pigment to be hypo.

Hypomelanism is a deficiency in the levels of black pigment - so reduced levels whilst still holding some pigment could still be considered Hypo to a degree

hypomelainistic is a reduction of melain not an absence of.

Most if not all hypos will show some melain as they age.

NickM, wow if that animal still looks anything like that then that's as hypo as we are ever going to see. It is a beautiful snake.
This one is 2 1/2 and has not a single dot of black.
Bredli_4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back