Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just thought id let people who dont already know that i have started a group for Olive python fans....its in the social groups section

What is the difference between posting there and here, for the technically dissadvantaged?

Here's my guys oviously yet too hatch, at the moment thou im calling them 'white olives' by the way there colouration is...... hehehe
Hey Kurt, post a pic of your BIG girl....she's impressive.....BTW how is that big clutch of hers coming along?

heres a couple of mine - they dont seem to be growing much. Both are about 2.5yrs old, maybe i just need to feed them more?!?!:lol::lol::lol:

one day I would like to get some full size olives but atm just dont have the room.....some good pics evreyone else, expecially like the white ones!

Attachments

• IMG_5793.JPG
    IMG_5793.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 451
  • FEMALE 1.JPG
    FEMALE 1.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 380
gazman, your brave. i would never let my dogs near any of my snakes, i dare say the snake would be dead in seconds.

one day stu, one day........i think ive got some white out in the desk draw actually....brb!!

hey Ozzie Python, ive made sure my snakes are ok with my dog, i started when they where hatchlings, as i said though, it wont be for much longer i'll let them sit together, just incase.. and my dog, shes great with all animals, she'll let a fuzzie or full grown rat sit on her nose, birds, lizards, whatever.. my dog gets my shoes for me!! as for the snakes being dead in seconds, i dont think it would come to that, im sure id come up with something else..

Hey Scott the clutch is going very well to date looks like one dieing off but 26 out of 27's not bad percentage "Knock on wood".
Not the best pic of her too see her size + over a year old and she's put on 3kgs since these were taken,second pick was the 2008 matings

Attachments

• olive f (3).jpg
    olive f (3).jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 492
  • 2008 matings.jpg
    2008 matings.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 501
:LOL: I'm glad you put that pic up gaz! One of my favs... The iridescent sheen of the liases well and truly make up for their lack of markings in my book - and from what I've heard from everyone, there isn't a bad-tempered olive out there!
Mmmmmm... will an olive be my 1st snake I wonder... It's high up on the list!
Love the pics guys!
Nic

some recent pics i took this arvo of my young male, female is coming up to a shed and looking crappy at the moment..
great to see lots of pics guys.
cheers
mel

Attachments

• november09 295.jpg
    november09 295.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 339
  • november09 291.jpg
    november09 291.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 307
  • november09 296.jpg
    november09 296.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 285
  • november09 297.jpg
    november09 297.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 233
  • november09 299.jpg
    november09 299.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 245
Good to see them olives are doing so well Mel :)
Here is a pic of Syd with a huge Olive from the Gladstone Reptile Show 2 years ago,
Cheers
Adam.

Attachments

• zIMG_4450.jpg
    zIMG_4450.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 589
  • zIMG_4451.jpg
    zIMG_4451.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 534
gorgeous pics ad, my god how much as Sydney grown since then. lol. he looks like a totally different kid. :)

Good to see them olives are doing so well Mel :)
Here is a pic of Syd with a huge Olive from the Gladstone Reptile Show 2 years ago,
Cheers
Adam.
wow. I love the markings on the side of that olive. it's usually just plain.

Just loving this thread, awesome snakes guys.
Here is another of my boy, Nitmiluk, who is from Katherine. When I first got him I thought I'd made an expensive mistake, as his attitude was filthy, and a violent snapper. Now he is testimony to how careful and strategic handling can condition a python, as he is as placid as a kitten. I get him out for some stimulation (you might say play time lol) from his cage regularly and there is as yet anything I can do to annoy him, his just that calm nowdays.
Now I want to get him a girl ;)

(pic by David Reed)

here is a pic of me and my gf with a large olive at a reptile show in central australia, i think it was alice springs, not too sure. and the other two are of my yearling male olive romeo. i hoping he will calm down as he gets older because at the moment he is realy snappy and loves nibbeling on my fingers and hand ;) looking forward to buying him a female :D

Attachments

• chris + meagan with large olive.jpg
    chris + meagan with large olive.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 567
  • IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 211
Some of mine.
The little girl in the 4th pic was hungry (see 5th pic)

Attachments

• Albino 1.jpg
    Albino 1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 537
  • Albino 2.jpg
    Albino 2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 484
  • Pro pic Olivia.jpg
    Pro pic Olivia.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 370
  • Olive Mariska.jpg
    Olive Mariska.jpg