Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a pic of my female

Attachments

• Olive Python 004.jpg
    Olive Python 004.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 295
  • Olive Python 014.jpg
    Olive Python 014.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 290
  • Olive Python 016.jpg
    Olive Python 016.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 344
  • olive and my tag 014.jpg
    olive and my tag 014.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 346
Great pics everyone....Andy and Glen ... i LOVE the albinos, very very nice.
feral1 - is ur olive cranky. lol.
not often u see many cranky olives. hehe.
keep the pics flowing everyone.
cheers
mel

Here is one of my females that layed 16 eggs this season this is her third year in a row she has layed for me. She is 13 yrs old and was 10 yrs old when i purchased her of a mate, and is now around 11.5ft long her shed skin was just over 12.5ft. She will be getting a rest next season as i have another female ready to go around the 9.5ft mark 5 yrs old.

Attachments

• 29072009808.jpg
    29072009808.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 340
Great pics everyone....Andy and Glen ... i LOVE the albinos, very very nice.
feral1 - is ur olive cranky. lol.
not often u see many cranky olives. hehe.
keep the pics flowing everyone.
cheers
mel
Yes Mel she is an absolute nutter just loves to tagged ya

Attachments

• feed time 4 the Olive 007.jpg
    feed time 4 the Olive 007.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 273
  • olive and stimmos 006.jpg
    olive and stimmos 006.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 304
  • olive and my tag 005.jpg
    olive and my tag 005.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 465
Looks as thou your white one Andy has put some size on,very nice...Absolutely awesome GlenB,i gather they are a pair,have they mated for you yet,or to young...At what size-age has people breed their Olives,how many eggs...Any information will be greatly appreciated..........MARK

LMAO Andy..... BTW love the little white guy!!! :lol:

Looks like you have the addiction to all animals white as well, BHP's, olives anything else?

Some of mine.
The little girl in the 4th pic was hungry (see 5th pic)

great pics guys..
Feral1 looks like u got unlucky with a fiesty olive. lol. was it always fiesty.

Looks as thou your white one Andy has put some size on,very nice...Absolutely awesome GlenB,i gather they are a pair,have they mated for you yet,or to young...At what size-age has people breed their Olives,how many eggs...Any information will be greatly appreciated..........MARK

They are a pair but still to young to put together.

Id love an olive, I would also like a BHP, however its just the space they need that I am still at committee with!!!

For 4 years we thought "Buttermilk" was a females and then this year after a bit of a tussel with "Westinghouse", our foundation male, we re probed Buttermilk only to find that He/she was a male. I have noticed a lot more errors in Olives probed one sex when young which turn out to probe differently at maturity.Perhaps Olive sex organs or the "cloaca pouch" dont mature until later?? Any thoughts?.

Attachments

• Buttermilk on chair.jpg
    Buttermilk on chair.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 637
Yeah Mark, my white boy is growing at a good rate,
but the female Het is just taking off in size.

After reading Warick's last post, Im hoping my white boy is a boy.
Would be very upset if he isnt.

Thats a very good question Warwick,so some have that were probed when young seem to probe different as their older.Im certain if your male turned out to be female Andy,the mistake will be rectified....Thats a stunning Olive Warwick,would that be one that you breed,how old is she.....Its all good Andy...dont give up now..LOL.....MARK

"She" is a He. He is now just under 5 year old. We used him as a backup this year but only observed one mating, which bring me to another observation, many male Albinos seem to lack labido. I suppose it the luck of the draw and may well be that the Albino gene is tied to that of low labido. This is born out by the low numbers of progeny which have been produced over the last 10 years by all keepers of Albino Olives, many with extensive breeding experience in Olives..

From what i hear alot of people seem to have difficulties breeding olives in general,so from your statement Albino Olives seem to be even harder to breed,lack of labido...I gather you would use 2 males to increase the chances..So even given the required temperatures-cooling etc its basically up to male to perform well..Either way they are such a STUNNING python...........MARK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back