Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree yommy, love some of the tail patterns on the boodaries. Here is a couple more that shows the males tail and one of them at 4 weeks.

MBW2.jpg MBW3.jpg BWA4W.jpg

Well thats the temperature inside the hide, it is 32 degrees and thats where he spends all his time digesting So i guess its fine in there.

And no-two always love seeing that SA he's some thing special

jarden my hot end for the womas is always 30-32 they are a desert species after all and i have a good gradient of 3-5 degrees less in the cool end.

I now run heat hides for my womas. I got the idea off Solar17 after seeing some of his and it works really well for Aspidites or any python for that matter.

Its a box with lip routed to sit peg board, a heat matt is placed on top on the peg board, then a sheet of glass with edges beveled and sanded which is silicaned on top to finish off. It has a habistat counter sunk in the side and a false area for all the electrics. The hide serves a dual role, they can either bask on top or the heat radiates through the peg board to heat the interior of the hide and my womas just love it. From the heat gun readings i have 30 on top and 32 below and they spend the majority of the time in the box. It is a simplistic design and works so well that this is the only heat source i will be offering my womas in the future.

I also have a new woma cage design in the pipeline so watch this space. When complete i'll post some pics.

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 452
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 430
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 402
  • 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_9396.JPG
    IMG_9396.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 506
Yeah i can't fault the system, it works well, feel free to give it a go and see if it works for yours needs.

Come on people a few more SA and RHD lines pics required. I didn't really rate the SA woma but that one posted was a really nice animal, keep the pics coming :) :) :)

It's extreamly unfortunate that when RHD's were the flavour of the month they got mixed in with a bunmch of tanamis so people could cash in on it. Theres some rell stunners around though, that are truely "RHD" locality.

1234webb, No sorry, not many people really cared about the localities of SA womas when they first came into captivity so theres not many pure locality lines that could be proven back to wild caught animals, so I don't have locality information, he's a nice animal though so I'm not complaining :p

Here are a few pic's of my female RHD she is coming along well and this upcoming season will be her first .

Attachments

• IMG_0990.jpg
    IMG_0990.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_0972.jpg
    IMG_0972.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_0974.jpg
    IMG_0974.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 321
And the male..........................

Attachments

• IMG_0057.jpg
    IMG_0057.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 179
here are some of mine.

Attachments

• RHD.JPG
    RHD.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 338
  • RHD 2.JPG
    RHD 2.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 299
  • RHD3.jpg
    RHD3.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 361
  • RHD4.jpg
    RHD4.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 376
jarden my hot end for the womas is always 30-32 they are a desert species after all and i have a good gradient of 3-5 degrees less in the cool end.

I now run heat hides for my womas. I got the idea off Solar17 after seeing some of his and it works really well for Aspidites or any python for that matter.

Its a box with lip routed to sit peg board, a heat matt is placed on top on the peg board, then a sheet of glass with edges beveled and sanded which is silicaned on top to finish off. It has a habistat counter sunk in the side and a false area for all the electrics. The hide serves a dual role, they can either bask on top or the heat radiates through the peg board to heat the interior of the hide and my womas just love it. From the heat gun readings i have 30 on top and 32 below and they spend the majority of the time in the box. It is a simplistic design and works so well that this is the only heat source i will be offering my womas in the future.

I also have a new woma cage design in the pipeline so watch this space. When complete i'll post some pics.
wow what a very good idea , so u dont run anyother heating [ as in heat emitters] when running your box setup ?

wow what a very good idea , so u dont run anyother heating [ as in heat emitters] when running your box setup ?

No emiiters it's just the heat hides, with the habistat the hottest i could get it to was 35 so i've settled for 30-32, that way you also get a great gradient. They are great.

Only thing to consider is that i have had a power switch wired into the internal of the cage (easy for a sparky to do) for the main source to be plugged into so when i am cleaning i just swith off unplug and remove box while cleaning and come breeding time when i want to cycle temps i just add a timer. I only run the timer from end of may to Sep otherwise it's just the main plug. The pythons are obivious to it anyway..

Tristis those pin striped ones are amazing, is this a line breed trait?? very nice womas

Attachments

• IMG_0928.JPG
    IMG_0928.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0929.JPG
    IMG_0929.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 267
Its the heat mat from off the herpshop - HW320 320mm wide 70 watts per metre. Just bought a metre length and cut to size. They also do all the connectors etc. Out of that metre i got enough for two boxes.......

yeah its a line bred trait the first and last pics are F2s, i should have my 3rd gen this season coming.

Some hatchies from this season:

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_6200.jpg

Got some better photos of my babies. The first is my girl and the second two are of my boy.

Attachments

• P1050233.jpg
    P1050233.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 170
  • P1050246.jpg
    P1050246.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 159
  • P1050244.jpg
    P1050244.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 160
Status
Not open for further replies.