Please read before posting in herp help.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

You are welcome to advice the member to take the reptile to vet, but please DON'T CRITICIZE PEOPLE FOR NOT DOING THAT.
If you have no helpful advice to post here, stay out and don't post in this forum.

From now on we will issue infractions to people posting not helpful rubbish in this forum

Yes I do have bad gramma and don't spell right. I do use spell check, but certain words like ...Vet or Wet are not picked by spell check. Sorry about that. English is my 3rd language, and I do have problems. I am openly admiting that.

My main job is to keep this site going strong and so far Adam and I, and all administrators are doing this for more than 10 years now. So forgive me for my bad English. Cheers to all.

Thats a great idea imo :)

Good to know the rubbish posts will no longer be tolerated ;)

Hey no dramas, it happens to all. But I agree completely with this thread in regards to the nastiness, it really needs to stop and I hope people will be able to do that without learning the lesson through infractions. And I think it is also a good idea to look at the age of someone your intending to be snide to, I’ve seen some not very nice comments to people who are 12, 13, 14 years old and I think of how it must feel for them when they are still learning, to have people be rather cruel to them. Although a lot of people do make mistakes -and yes there are mistakes made which could have been avoided easily- good advice can only be shared with maturity. It’s not just the advice you give but how you give it, even if you have to bite your tongue.

I agree with you amy22, its always harder to recieve abusive remarks than to give them, especially when you are just starting out. Thses sort of comments are deterring a lot of people asking questions, which from what i know is the only way you ever learn. I think some people just enjoy the false power behind a screen.

it's about time, here,here...advice should be given with egos in check and with a positive attitude..

You should also add: "that those asking questions should be open minded to varied opinions".

Nothing funnier then a newb asking a question and then arguing with those just trying to help lol.

yeah bout time the rubbish stops here before we lose ne more good members

I cant agree more with what has been said in previous posts on this subject.

I would also like to encourage people to type in proper english rather than texting format (except for the LOL's etc as we all know what they mean)...I dont mean bad grammar or poor spelling but all those shortcut texting terms...just makes it harder to read and is a real turnoff....perhaps not give them infractions but possibly an admin PM to them asking them to conform to what is correct Queens English.

BTW....I think Admins are doing a great job! (crawl, crawl) :)

Please read Slateman's (site owner) first post in this thread about replying to posts in the Herp Help Forum... thanks

I couldn't agree more, If there wasn't so much flaming, there would be a lot more people willing to ask questions or have discussions I bet. Good on you for drawing the line Slatey

I cant agree more with what has been said in previous posts on this subject.

I would also like to encourage people to type in proper english rather than texting format (except for the LOL's etc as we all know what they mean)...I dont mean bad grammar or poor spelling but all those shortcut texting terms...just makes it harder to read and is a real turnoff....perhaps not give them infractions but possibly an admin PM to them asking them to conform to what is correct Queens English.

BTW....I think Admins are doing a great job! (crawl, crawl) :)

BTW??? What does that mean??? :p

I think this is a great rule, to many times have I been frustrated for the person asking a question only to get ripped into by some members. Quite often the question is one other people are either too afraid to ask or will learn a great deal from if answered properly. Remember there are a lot of people who read these forums and may not be a member or contribute, perhaps they will in future if they know their questions will get answered appropriately.

Finally, great idea.

I haven't been criticized for doing something wrong yet, but the criticism I've seen of others is almost enough to encourage me to find advice in other places.

This will make the site more family friendly, since that's what APS is all about apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back