Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiasisKing

Kel Campbell-Gale
Reaction score
I was interested in the "Biggest Olive" thread and was wondering who had the SMALLEST SNAKE

please post pics if you have them, or even just give us a few words about them.

THANKS !!!

It's not something I often talk about...as it's a little embarrasing. But I've currently got a baby tiger snake at home :)

ps: With a bit of trick photography it only appears I'm holding it in my hand :lol: Don't freehandle vens! It's stoopid!

DSC_0114.jpg

moose- what are you really holding it with then?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like he's holding it with one of those new flesh/life like gauntlets. You see chef's using the stainless steel ones on TV

Costa ur so cute n innocent.

..and gullible..haha

I have Antaresias, they are small..

Ugh, reckon I've got one of the smallest Coastal Carpets (for his age)...

I've had him since Feb last year, and was advised at the time that he was 9 months old, since then, I could almost count on my fingers how many times he's eaten...

I've tried so many different things suggested on APS etc, temp changes, substrate changes, room changes, food changes, food handling changes, food administration changes... and he just seems to be somewhat anorexic... He will eat, but just when he feels like it...

So he's currently at 70.2 cms at almost 2 years of age, (big thanks to the Herpmeasure software!), and I recently took on a bredli who has shared the identical type of enclosure, substrate, temps (Both in click-clacks in a larger enclosure) and the Bredli at roughly 10 months has just surpassed his length at 72cms, and is markedly thicker... Bredli eats every time without any hesitation... Coastal generally looks at the mouse/rat and seems to be saying, "Y'know, a bit of tofu would go alright..."

Aside from the weight/length issue though, he appears fine, active, strong, no mites etc, eyes and mouth nice and clean... just has the lean body perhaps the equivalent of a Kenyan runner...

Last edited:
all look great so far guys, that tiger hatchy is gorgeous !!!! nice rubber hand ;)

Ugh, reckon I've got one of the smallest Coastal Carpets (for his age)...

I've had him since Feb last year, and was advised at the time that he was 9 months old, since then, I could almost count on my fingers how many times he's eaten...

I've tried so many different things suggested on APS etc, temp changes, substrate changes, room changes, food changes, food handling changes, food administration changes... and he just seems to be somewhat anorexic... He will eat, but just when he feels like it...

So he's currently at 70.2 cms at almost 2 years of age, (big thanks to the Herpmeasure software!), and I recently took on a bredli who has shared the identical type of enclosure, substrate, temps (Both in click-clacks in a larger enclosure) and the Bredli at roughly 10 months has just surpassed his length at 72cms, and is markedly thicker... Bredli eats every time without any hesitation... Coastal generally looks at the mouse/rat and seems to be saying, "Y'know, a bit of tofu would go alright..."

Aside from the weight/length issue though, he appears fine, active, strong, no mites etc, eyes and mouth nice and clean... just has the lean body perhaps the equivalent of a Kenyan runner...

good luck getting him to start feeding properly ....
i have an olive that has the same "i would rather eat tofu" mentality
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a new baby spotted python ..size of a thread worm but an attitude of a scrubbie ..I have never been tagged so many times from a snake ,as I have from this midget ...will put up pics later on ;)

well here is the culprit ..her name is ZIG ZAG
DSCF3374.jpg

and this would be one of the smallest i have done for callouts
DSCF3394.jpg

Ugh, reckon I've got one of the smallest Coastal Carpets (for his age)... ...He will eat, but just when he feels like it...

I have a jungle with the same waistline-consciousness as yours, but he's 11 years old now.
Photo1240.jpg

This may be cheating slightly (not an Australian snake), but this is a full-grown sonora semiannulata (ground snake), which wandered into my apartment when I lived in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. I kept it for a couple of weeks before it escaped from the casserole dish I was using as an enclosure. Favourite food: silverfish.

Was a great little snake - wish I could get/keep one here - but we're getting a beautiful stimmie in a week, so I can hardly complain. :)

Attachments

• snake_in_hand3.jpg
    snake_in_hand3.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 115
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back