Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some of mine...

Attachments

• IMG_2376.jpg
    IMG_2376.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2386.jpg
    IMG_2386.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2383.jpg
    IMG_2383.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2378.jpg
    IMG_2378.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 80
I have seen that one before but it never fails to amaze me that the RBB would eat cat food!!!!

Really wish I'd got a shot of my stimmie eating her mouse bum first last night but I just sat there watching her thinking "that's one "special" snake!!!"

It takes my BPH an average of 1hr to eat a medium rat. She likes to circle it for a while, chew on the tail/stomach/back leg... then she'll curl around it, rest her head on it's gut and sleep for 10-15 minutes. idk what purpose this ritual serves, but if it makes her happy so be it. o_0

Those are some great shots Tahlia! Really shows the teeth well. Love it!

Those are some great shots Tahlia! Really shows the teeth well. Love it!

Thank you, I was happy to get some shot of his teeth, they don't look like they'd fit in his mouth, they hide them well. Thankfully I've never been on the recieving end of them... so far. He's very placid and I've had him for almost a year. He was my first big snake so I'm glad he's been nice to me :)

Our snakes first time on Fuzzy rats. Unfortunately the non feeder still wouldn't take a pinky, but these two smashed the fuzzies down. Took them about half an hour to work out the best way to take them, haha.

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

LOL, took her ages! to get that one down, I thought she'd never finish it.

The pics I posted on page 6 are from tonight. They are bad pics, but it was their first time eating Fuzzy mice. Each snake took about half an hour working out how they were going to tackle it, and then took forever to get it down. How old is your bredli, and what size is it eating? Looks like it smashed it's head before eating it backward, haha.

The female came up to it originally and just opened her mouth and took it out of my hand. It was so cute/strange. Then she dropped it and pondered it for eternity.

How many do you have?
I have two that hatced on the 8th of March. My male is a monster eater and is on Fuzzy rats, while my female will only take mice and is now on hopper mice.
She didn't even touch the head tonight for some reason. I'm guessing she's just squeezed it that hard the blood came outs it's mouth and nose lol.

Do yours sit in the water after a feed?
My female does. I was told it's to help support her weight. I know it's not mites cos my other snakes don't do it and she only does after eating.

I have 3 jungle pythons all out of the same clutch. I was supposed to only have two, but one has a tiny lump that turned out to be a spinal deformity (you have to look at the right angle to see it, and fortunately it won't be detrimental to him if I feed him slowly). The breeder couldn't justify selling me a snake like that though and gave me another. I am really new to owning snakes, I've read so much but it's only the tip of the iceberg.

My female does love the water. She's near it a lot. I thought it was mites at first, because I thought I could see her scales raised, but the other two don't have them, and she doesn't have them anymore either, so maybe it was a false alarm. I'm just waiting to see if they come back after they've hatched. She drinks much more than my other snakes, also.

She is absolutely HUGE right now, the pics don't do her justice. I think it's too big, lol. As soon as I put her in the terrarium after the feed tonight she put a bit of herself in the water, then just chilled on the edge of the pond thing. She's in one of the hides now :D

Are yours both out of the same clutch?

They are brother and sister :)
Both completely different to each other and are even looking different as they grow.

The female is looking a nicer red than the male but the male has a pale body with nice cream markings with a good black edge.
The male is a crazy eater and the female is a bit picky. The male is a pleasure to handle, while the female is a bit of a b$%^h lol.

They're names are Dolce & Gabbana lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back