Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had two today. The first a Copperhead from Ocean Grove, the other a Tiger from Lara. Hear are a couple of photos. .110209-1852.jpg 110215-1718(001).jpg 110215-1720.jpg
pencil.png

Great pics elapidsnakecatch..
and thanks Troy
Yes, a few hot days and the calls start to come..This week has been copperheads and tigers and i had a m.o.p send me this pic so i could identify the snake her cat dragged in..
snake 001.jpg
Anyone want to have a go at id'ing this half a snake?

Last edited:
I would have to say that it could be Yellow-faced Whip Snake (Demansia psammophis)
my reasoning for this out came is due to that I could count about 13 Midbody scales with maybe another 2 that I can not see due to the photo angle. From the bellied shot I can see that there are a fair few undivided subcaudal scales. It appears to have a divided anal plate. So that is what I would say that it is with the photos that are provided.

Yeah Marc, this time last year i was knocking on 120 kg and having trouble just getting off the couch..Now,after changing a few eating habits, im down to 90 kg
@ Elapidsnakecatch,not much chance of it being a yellowfaced whipsnake as they dont occur in this area.
It was a whitelipped whipsnake

small eyed snake

called out to catch this small eyed snake in a persons pool. bad pic as taken on my crappy phone....

cheers steve.....

Gotta love smalleyeds, I found these 5 when a guy rang me and said he saw a snake dissappear into a hole in his crazy paving.

webb.jpgAfter pulling up a few pavers the snakes started appearing out of holes in the sand.
Reminded me the snake scene from Indiana Jones.
This pic is from the release and it was cool morning and the snakes were relaxed.
A bite from one of these can ruin your day and possibly more so please dont try this at home..

marsh snake

Gotta love smalleyeds, I found these 5 when a guy rang me and said he saw a snake dissappear into a hole in his crazy paving.

View attachment 187398After pulling up a few pavers the snakes started appearing out of holes in the sand.
Reminded me the snake scene from Indiana Jones.
This pic is from the release and it was cool morning and the snakes were relaxed.
A bite from one of these can ruin your day and possibly more so please dont try this at home..

i have found small eyed snakes to very placid during the cool days but at night i have found them to become nervous thrash about etc... weird behaviour...might have something to do with them being nocturnal. or locality, small eyes lol ......other wise yeah i think there great

called out to remove this rough scaled snake today from lake cathie......house is surrounded by reserve...let it go just meters away...rough scale (venomous).jpg

cheers steve

called out to capture and release this marsh snake.... behind
a book shelf..... at light house beach this morning before going for a surf...what great way to start the day ..
cute little fella....marsh snake.jpg
cheers steve

Last edited:
Great pics mate, thanks for that.
I can't say Ive noticed a change in temperment of smalleyeds according to the time of day but Ill watch out for that in the future.
Probably a locality thing as you say.
I was away on the weekend and couldnt respond to snake calls.There were two for snakes trapped in engine bays of cars...coincidence...or global warming ??.. :).
Another for a man who had to have a bluetongue removed..***?
A tigersnake on a golf course and an unidentified snake in a shed..
Had to pass them on unfortunatly.

Red Bellie Harvey Norman 08.03.11 020.jpgI picked this little bloke up today at Harvey Norman behind a wardrobe in the bed-room department.
So little and so cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back