Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a call out for a Copperhead at Leopold. It had gotten itself caught in some Bird Netting and I had to cut it ouy. There was minor inpressions from the netting bet no damage to the Copperhead. it was a bit tired from strugling to get out that it got itself tanged more.
Took some photos of when it was in the netting and after I relocated it. View attachment 191180View attachment 191179View attachment 191181View attachment 191182View attachment 191183

The fine bird netting some people put over their fruit trees is evil stuff for snakes. They should at least keep it clear of the ground.

Ive removed snake and other animals from all sorts of birdnetting,the fine as well as the corded stuff, dead and alive, i bloody hate the **** :x

Last edited:
red bellied black caught in bird netting

This big red bellied black was found in bird netting inside a garden shed today... then later released to a lagoon with lily pads frogs you name it "heaven" this snake seemed very thankful when I let it go....

That netting is torture........... red bellied black netted 012.jpgred bellied black relocation 011.jpgrbb relocated 014.jpg

Last edited:
Yeh talking of netting... this one was not only caught in the net but in the process of being annihilated by 100's of green ants.

The first thing was pour water over him and get the ants off, even while cutting him out of the net I was still having to stop and pour water over him, which made him very slippery to head. So also had to wipe him dry.Though he was biting the rag i was using to wipe the ants off his nose and eyes I think he was just so exhausted from his ordeal he came good when released into the nearby creek and took off.

Attachments

• 170320111141.jpg
    170320111141.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 379
  • 170320111142.jpg
    170320111142.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 353
Had a call out for a Copperhead at Leopold. It had gotten itself caught in some Bird Netting and I had to cut it ouy. There was minor inpressions from the netting bet no damage to the Copperhead. it was a bit tired from strugling to get out that it got itself tanged more.
Took some photos of when it was in the netting and after I relocated it. View attachment 191180View attachment 191179View attachment 191181View attachment 191182View attachment 191183
Don't know what happen to the photos, so will try to repost them.110317-1731(001).jpg110317-1731.jpg110317-1802.jpg110317-1805(001).jpg110317-1806.jpg

When Im driving around the wine country here i see huge fields of grapes draped with this birdnetting.We have pulled dead parrots, bats, antichinus, echidna and of course snakes and bluetongues.
We managed to stop the local Bunnings from stocking it bit it's really these large orchids that dont use it properly that take their toll on the wildlife.
Id like to pinch these pics of the snakes in the netting to add to my album with your permission.
Thanks Elapid@, Cement and ElapidSnakeCatch

netting

When Im driving around the wine country here i see huge fields of grapes draped with this birdnetting.We have pulled dead parrots, bats, antichinus, echidna and of course snakes and bluetongues.
We managed to stop the local Bunnings from stocking it bit it's really these large orchids that dont use it properly that take their toll on the wildlife.
Id like to pinch these pics of the snakes in the netting to add to my album with your permission.
Thanks Elapid@, Cement and ElapidSnakeCatch

here are a couple more pics for you ssssnakeman not vens but pics on this subject
some of these post are going to our media in port macquarie to get people to be responsable enough not to use this stuff...
both these snake survived and where released back to there habitat....

Attachments

• DSC0043.jpg
    DSC0043.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 280
  • diamond python bird netting 01.jpg
    diamond python bird netting 01.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 316
  • geen tree snake netting.jpg
    geen tree snake netting.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 291
  • diamond python bird netting.jpg
    diamond python bird netting.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
****ful stuff!!

I've visited people in our area who tell me they deliberately use the stuff around their fence lines to trap snakes, because "that's what dad did"! So, instead of the snake moving through their property, they end up with a large angry Brown trapped in the garden for their dogs to find, or, worse stll, their young children!!

Nice one... judging by the file name you got it at St Pauls?? i got a mate working in the ADI site said they are everywhere!

i love those juvi eb's we get a few mature eb's up here that retain there banding like that

A young copperhead, just caught this one in Narrewarren.Ah the vid isnt working,,try again later
<object width=

can i post a facebook vid here?

Last edited:
this is net damage on a copperhead. Must have been like having your finger nails ripped off.
The pics were taken after a period of recuperation.

Attachments

• gramps 001 (Large).jpg
    gramps 001 (Large).jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 183
  • gramps 006 (Large).jpg
    gramps 006 (Large).jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 179
  • gramps 008 (Large).jpg
    gramps 008 (Large).jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 187
Nice copperhead baxtor, i like this colour. I wont post some of the pics that i have of net damage because they are to gruesome and Iv posted them before here anyway.
Here is my but starring in another snake catcher video ...dam it.
[video=youtube;6-7AGofa8Zk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-7AGofa8Zk[/video]
Today in Narrewarren

I know, i was expecting a four footer from the phonecall, anyway,
the bag works well with big snakes and small ones,
and guess what,
Im taking orders for them at the moment and in the process of knocking up about a dozen or so and see if anyone likes them.
They come in black and white.

and one size fits all hoops or they can be made to measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back