Pros and Cons of Keeping Common Tree Snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you want to it take pinkies out of curiosity ? The reason I did it with my CTS is just that they put on weight a tad faster but sometimes I like that fact they are on a more natural diet which is why I've got two on fish and two on pinkies to see the difference.

anyone willing to put a few pics up of there tree snake setups?

I kept my frogs in here for a bit, I gave them to a friends sister and now I have my Gold and Green Tree Snakes in there

01012011851.jpg

nice setup, how old/big were they before you upgraded them from a click clack to a terrarium?

When I was confident enough that they couldnt escape from tiny holes.
So about 45cm for the Green and about 70cm for the Gold

Why do you want to it take pinkies out of curiosity ? The reason I did it with my CTS is just that they put on weight a tad faster but sometimes I like that fact they are on a more natural diet which is why I've got two on fish and two on pinkies to see the difference.

Again just to give them breeding condition a little quicker, I have keelbacks because they are fish eaters, and are call to watch. So their diet would remain, but it's just for a little value add in their diet.

Cool thanks for the info.
Can't wait to get a set up similar to your and fill it with keels and greens :D
Do you think the type of set up I have their is ok for Keels?

From what I hear from people who have kept them in the past yes.
I would do it in a slow process though.
Keep a few greens together and see how that goes
Then keep Keelbacks, then Keelbacks together
Then combine it if I feel confident with it

Cool thanks for the info.
Can't wait to get a set up similar to your and fill it with keels and greens :D
Do you think the type of set up I have their is ok for Keels?

Yep, remember they are more terrestrial than GTS, so may need a little bit more horizontal space, I don't like mine sleeping in damp areas, so make sure they can find somewhere dry to sleep.

hhmm you think greens and keels would be ok together in a big viv?

Yep, 4ft have a look at my keelback thread, I"m thinking of building it vertically a little more, but for one GTS they'll be fine.

From what I hear from people who have kept them in the past yes.
I would do it in a slow process though.
Keep a few greens together and see how that goes
Then keep Keelbacks, then Keelbacks together
Then combine it if I feel confident with it

Stick the keelbacks all in together at once, so there is no territory building. Even males will live together during breeding season. They are commonly found in groups in the wild. Same with GTS.

I would just make sure both are eating properly and have a bit of condition on, incase they back off from food a little before they settle.

I don't like mine sleeping in damp areas, so make sure they can find somewhere dry to sleep.
Stick the keelbacks all in together at once, so there is no territory building. Even males will live together during breeding season. They are commonly found in groups in the wild. Same with GTS.

That is exactly what I needed to know! Thank you.
You could do up a caresheet you know :p

Thanks for all that!

:D thanks for PMing me this link it is a good read and very helpful, ill have to have a look at ur albums and see the type of enclosure set up for them!!

Are there big orice differnces between colours? What size enclsoure would you recomend for one or two? I have been tossing these up for a while. Won't be getting any for a while. Building a very expensive enclsoure atm lol Also is their care similar to northern tree snakes? Northerns are gorgeous! Love them just as much as common tree snakes.

I have always loved green/common tree snakes, even before I even started to like snakes they have been my favourite but is starting to compete with the woma for #1 . As much as I would love to have one one day I'm still not overly sure about the feeding... I think I may be abit to sympathetic to feed live things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back