Water Python Thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nice waters pythons everyone.
ive heared NT waters have a more orange bellies and Qld's have yellow, does any one know if this is true?
also does anyone keep them with a large water area, like a cage on top of a fish tank sorta thing? if so id love to see pics.
cheers

if other waters are like my girls, they would love it. I posted these pics a while ago but one of my girls got out while i was at work and had a swim in my fishtank.
24092012001_zps17ca1815.jpg

24092012003_zps0cd0798d.jpg

Nah they seemed to keep there distance, which is a surprise as they go for my hand when im doing a gravel clean.

QLD water pythons normally have light brown top and yellow bellies and nt water pythons have dark brown top and creamy bellies and also nt waters have worse temperament that QLD waters

They are so beautiful and have so much personality. This is my girl, Spirit.
I like the laundry basket mine sometimes is on the clothes drying rack while I hang the laundry out

Picked this (hoping its a girl) up from Amazing Amazon last week.
Shes a little snappy in her enclosure but fine once shes out and about

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 142
Picked this (hoping its a girl) up from Amazing Amazon last week.
Shes a little snappy in her enclosure but fine once shes out and about
Mine is the same I use a hook to get her out once out she's fine but my olive don't need the hook

My bella has changed she is alot easier to handle these days with out a hook but sometimes she has her moments

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine on Friday, and she's already my favourite. Super placid.

I use natural bark/ mulch as substrate, and she tunnels through it.
It's literally like tremors, and when she comes up, she'll just sit there and stare at you, not in a threatening or defensive nature though.

She's far better than what I thought she'd be like.

My girl she gets ticked off like any python in shed mode feeling vulnerable or excited at feed time. I don't know why they get a bad rap for being psycho as i haven't seen that and she's a gem

Bumping For those in WA who are now allowed to keep them.

Here is my new water python picked it up today.

Not sure if its male or female yet. Its pretty crazy atm tries to bite everything lol

I haven't shown mine off in a while.... He's a bit bigger now and definitely my favourite, (just don't tell my other snakes)

Attachments

• poser.jpg
    poser.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 126
  • colours.jpg
    colours.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 122
  • pretty.jpg
    pretty.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 118
Heres one of my lovely girls looking positive showing off her beautiful yellow belly

that is one awsome lookin girl i wish i could have one but my wife said no more pythons this year :cry:

I really want a water python, but can't find one with my specifications, if only it was as easy as that.
They are so beautiful!

If anyone has one for sale...needs to be bigger than 1m currently, needs to be tame/friendly, and if not within my pick-up range/area it would need to be freighted...

Wow what a lovely yellow belly

- - - Updated - - -

I really want a water python, but can't find one with my specifications, if only it was as easy as that.
They are so beautiful!

If anyone has one for sale...needs to be bigger than 1m currently, needs to be tame/friendly, and if not within my pick-up range/area it would need to be freighted...

What are your specifications ReptiBeck? as mine is 1.5m and nearly 3 yrs old but most out on the market being sold would be mostly yearlings that would be just under 1m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back