Water Python Thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdsixtyone

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I did a quick search and nothing came up so I though I would start this thread.

I cant see how they are so under-rated, I only got mine yesterday and she had a tonne of attitude but is a puppy dog this afternoon. Not sure on sex yet but will find out soon.

Here she is ( will got some better pics when the sun comes out ).

Let's kick it off, post some pics of your WP's :)

0d3ba2bc.jpg

d589b9a8.jpg

We did a trip to Fogg dam early last year, and found 17 hatchy - yearling waters. Not one tried to bite us which is a huge difference to the waters in captivity.

They are a awesome snake which are underpreciated, and not kept commonly anymore.

Albertisi-gold-8.JPGTry this one
Slightly different to yours

White Lip
Or Albertisi Gold

I haven't seen much about water pythons here... well, not compared to how much there is about other snakes. I love the waters, beautiful colour, and if you're lucky you might find a nice one... mine chucks a psycho when I first get her out, but then suddenly realises I'm not going to hurt her, and then relaxes and cruises around my hands. After a few minutes she finds a comfortable place to sit and then stays still :)

Lilly, my baby girl:

Attachments

• Water8.jpg
    Water8.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 342
  • Water5.jpg
    Water5.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 418
  • Water.jpg
    Water.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 337
  • Water2.jpg
    Water2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 340
Beautiful snakes. I got a hatcy on Australia Day and I love her. She's very defensive and snappy but calms down almost instantly once she's on your hand.
I was actually going to start a new thread but might ask here first. What's the deal with the scientific name? I've seen them advertised in the for sale section as Liasis Fuscus and Liasis Mackloti. I've also seen two different DECC species lists where one said one name and the other said the. According to Wikipedia Mackloti is a white lipped python and fuscus is a water python.
So basically does anyone know what they are officially called now?

White lip is AlbertisiS7300571.jpgthis was a wild caught rescue from Animal Ark in darwin
Wonderful snakes
Just be careful with handling other snakes first as they are opportunistic feeders
So they might latch on if they smell food

White lip is AlbertisiView attachment 185307this was a wild caught rescue from Animal Ark in darwin
Wonderful snakes
Just be careful with handling other snakes first as they are opportunistic feeders
So they might latch on if they smell food

Are you saying this animal was a wild caught speciman from Darwin or the local area? If so this is quite interesting as I believe there was never any white lips ever found on the Asutralian mainland and only one report of one found on an outlying island. I am sure this would be an amazing find and that the local Uni, wildlife conseravtion group etc would be fascinated in. I know there is a couple in captivity but as far as NPWS are conecerned they are both males and so unfortunately will never breed or show up on licence as far as I am aware. A pity, as I would certainly love some of these to add to my collection. Stunning animals IMO.

Sorry to disappoint you but I was replying to the other comment asking scientific name for Whitelip
Maybe I should have been more specific
Sorry

Second picture is of an Australian water python Liasis Mackloti
That is the one from Animal Ark in Darwin

163729_491179809434_534374434_5620098_6338985_n.jpg

This female was from Andy Bandy.
She was also in a Scales and Tails magazine not too long ago :D
162614_491179739434_534374434_5620094_388348_n.jpg

The yellow on it's belly is a really intense yellow.

from little things big things grow snakemadness

she's looking good jannico

pelangi.jpgThis is just one to drool over for sheen

pelangi1.jpgIndonesian rainbow or sunbeam Snake

S7300443.jpgThis one is a young slatey grey which also explode with sunlight on them

Here is an 8YO male with a very yellow belly!! And is the most placid snake we have.

Attachments

• 09012011140.jpg
    09012011140.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 536
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back