A bit different (Golden-tailed Gecko)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoJosh

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I know I have already posted a few pics but I thought I would start a thread to document their progress.

I hope to line breed them with the goal of producing a solid gold line from the nape of the neck to the tail.

This is the 1st one I hatched a little over a month ago:
gts1.jpg

This one I hatched just last week:
GTS2.jpg

Cheers Josh

Ps, If anyone else has pics of unusual Strophurus please feel free to post them :p:D:p

Last edited:
Very cool Josh. Have you just decided to line breed after seeing these or have you been trying to increase the length of the line with this as the result? I'd be interested to see how many generations it would take for something like this

Very cool Josh. Have you just decided to line breed after seeing these or have you been trying to increase the length of the line with this as the result? I'd be interested to see how many generations it would take for something like this
These two just popped out randomly, hopefully I will get some more before the season is over.

Cheers Josh

Last edited:
Were'nt you saying you got some like that last season? Same pairing?

Yeah I hatched one last season that was similar from the same parents, unfortunately I had to give that one to someone as a gecko I sold them mysteriously died 3 days later (only time that has happened to me).

Cheers Josh

Last edited:
Yeah I hatched one last season that was similar from the same parents, unfortunately I had to give that one to someone as a gecko I sold them mysteriously died 3 days after I sold it to them (only time that has happened to me).

Cheers Josh

Definitely plenty of potential there then mate for line breeding them (no pun intended).... might have to get you to send some my way in the future.

awesome.. im just starting to get more keen on geckos.. what does one of these set you back?? quite alot?

Full GT Stripe would be nice to see, when/if I get one off you it's already named Monaro :)

Grats mate hope they keep popping up for you.

intresting gman the ons i got from danny a few years back the strip when only to there back legs but was a fin strip along the tail and not all spaced out like your pic i wonder if he would have some with the strip that was that long it would look event cooler note there a striped gecko from the same famaly dont know sp but be intresting if golden tails look like it one day wild one have the most vibrant oringe we forun heaps befor around sraut on the darling downs none had strip up the back like yours .

Couple of updated pics (I broke my camera so took these with my ancient 4mp one)

s2.jpg

This one is still colouring up

s1.jpg

So have anyone else hatched GT's similar to these before?
I am sure many have but its just been overlooked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back