Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im still waiting for the $200 albinos and gtp that have been predicted for the last few years. yet to see either.

Plenty of morphs in the works Im sure, and agree pies will be the start of some really cool animals.

Albino spotteds should be out soon shouldn't they?

There's been a lot of talk about them and a lot of hets sold, but I'm yet to see any albinos out yet.

I'd like to see more albino vens. Preferably tigers. That'd be number 1 on my dream list. And no, I still wouldn't be prepared to part a zillion dollars for one. I love reptiles, snakes in particular, but they just aren't worth a ton of cash imho. My most favored animal at home (out of everything) would be my plain old, boring Darwin python which I bought for $140 :D

Where are these Albino Macs that some should of at least bred by now?

i think it would be pretty awesome to selectivly breed BHP's sp that their black head spread down their body so eventually they had an entirely black body.

seems logical to me... but could it be done?

i think it would be pretty awesome to selectivly breed BHP's sp that their black head spread down their body so eventually they had an entirely black body.

in theory probably but it may take a long long time depending on certain factors

The next big think I am banking on, and very surprised to not see them around are zebras.

Would you call them a black headed body python or a black bodied formerly head python?

Chemeleon geckos are worth more then chondros now, hatchlings going for $900 each although they will most likely follow wheeleri.

Im sure oenpelli pythons will be the next expensive snake to pop up (although in my opinion no price will really be over priced with the amount of money going towards this project.

When pied animals hit the market the sky will be the limit on pricing.

To the member that said water pythons would be difficult and snappy I'm assuming you have never kept/bred waters?

I have snappy ones but also some of my waters are my most placid pythons, easiest hatchling to get feeding and don't grow as big as olives making them more appealing albino animal for a lot of keepers not comfortable with a fully grown olive.

I really can't imagine a clutch of hatchling olives being easier to get going then a clutch of waters.

Scorps

Don't tell anybody but I have been working on some python tailed albino green tree frogs with a unicorn horn but remember that's just between you and me ;)

you can normally pick a gen Y comment as it will either reference zombies, velociraptors or some kind of third part shooter video game .

The next big think I am banking on, and very surprised to not see them around are zebras.

Give it time.. Look how long people had Jags before it became public. I'm sure if people got jags in they would have got zebras, granites, and whatever else in too.

To the member that said water pythons would be difficult and snappy I'm assuming you have never kept/bred waters?

I have snappy ones but also some of my waters are my most placid pythons, easiest hatchling to get feeding and don't grow as big as olives making them more appealing albino animal for a lot of keepers not comfortable with a fully grown olive.

I really can't imagine a clutch of hatchling olives being easier to get going then a clutch of waters.

Scorps

I have kept a number of waters pythons over the years and a couple of family members of mine have kept some as well (I have never bred them). I got rid of them because they were all insanely snappy, exept for one, which was a problem feeder and ended up dying.

I never said they would be difficult, just snappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back