Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mmm its not even a recent picture xD! american/south cichlids mainly, few africans and natives.

Just not sure if I should be keeping the snakes in there also lol.

Pictures are no good with fish, I take videos not sure how many I can post per a post dont want to go over board..

[video=youtube;A774CG-gU7M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A774CG-gU7M[/video]

[video=youtube;RPlU4evjTHU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPlU4evjTHU[/video]

you guys probs like this one bit more snake like :D

[video=youtube;Cu623vUOXe8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu623vUOXe8[/video]

I kept turtles and tropical fish together in a 6 foot tank successfully for a while , murray river short neck with peacock bass , a large sailfin plecco and an arrowana i found if the temps were 24oc everyone was happy as soon as the temps went above this the turtle became carnivorous. Do not ever try to keep any of the long neck species with fish you value.

[video=youtube;1DYv6SDZcPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DYv6SDZcPE[/video]

I will make a full room one once I get a decent camera lol. Not suppose to have any fish yet also. Plan was to get all the systems running then stock ah well....

Loving the jack and the Red devil community tank, I have one but I can't keep anything with him he just attacks everything and rearranges anything I put in there.

Squirtle You make me jealous, I wish I had that much room some nice setups. :D

hahaha sounds like typical jacks, this one is good with other fish. used to be with 3 oscars and a barra. thats not his tank but just a holding tank. Been doing lots of structural work so had to move a lot of fish around. only thing i hate about jacks is moving them. breaks the net. get him out and takes half the water with him tries to bite my fingers off why I place him in the tank not looking foreword to moving him again .. :(

Thanks Jason, look on the positive side! you wont have a broken back by the age of 30 hahah. lifting tanks is a pita! Cant wait to fully start on all the tanks. Only set tank is the discus tank all the others need lots of work display wise.

Just need to decided on one last area. looking at a water monitor lizard with a mangrove jack jardini and some turtle and just doing a huge display tank. Lots of work involved but.

Last edited:
hahaha sounds like typical jacks, this one is good with other fish. used to be with 3 oscars and a barra. thats not his tank but just a holding tank. Been doing lots of structural work so had to move a lot of fish around. only thing i hate about jacks is moving them. breaks the net. get him out and takes half the water with him tries to bite my fingers off why I place him in the tank not looking foreword to moving him again .. :(

haha true that, mines not even a quarter of that size yet, I got him for $75 from my local thinking he would get along with my barra and fingerlings until I came to check them out the next day and was down to one jack and 4 MIA barras and 2 banged up archerfish huddled in the corner.

Looking forward to the update vidz mate.

I used to keep rainbows, there is such variety in local creeks.

i-wKxqrQr-M.jpg
i-SWRFvrQ-M.jpg

i-Rz7mQz2-M.jpg
i-NJ2sWFk-M.jpg

i-jWr4k3h-M.jpg

Nice fish Michael, I want to try and collect most of the rainbows at the moment I have Scull creek, Goyder River, red rainbofish, toquoise, and the comon pink cheeks from brisbane.

Thanks Jason, look on the positive side! you wont have a broken back by the age of 30 hahah. lifting tanks is a pita! Cant wait to fully start on all the tanks. Only set tank is the discus tank all the others need lots of work display wise.

Just need to decided on one last area. looking at a water monitor lizard with a mangrove jack jardini and some turtle and just doing a huge display tank. Lots of work involved but.

Squirtle I do have a broken back and I'm 40 next month waiting on a back operation thats a nother reason for geting rid of the large marine setup I had trouble cleaning it.
So be carefull. :lol:

Venomous1111 If you do get a nice planted aquarium you won't look back it's like having a garden inside very relaxing.

Last edited:
Picking up a 30cm jar later this week. Was going to shut down a tank but I've always wanted a toga. Still only makes it 3 fish tanks and 2 turtle tanks though so should be more manageable (used to have >10 tanks running).

Nice fish Michael, I want to try and collect most of the rainbows at the moment I have Scull creek, Goyder River, red rainbofish, toquoise, and the comon pink cheeks from brisbane.

My favorite were the blue ones (2nd pic) from Gap Creek, on the western side of Cedar Bay Range. You should come up here for a collecting trip, you will have a ball.

haha true that, mines not even a quarter of that size yet, I got him for $75 from my local thinking he would get along with my barra and fingerlings until I came to check them out the next day and was down to one jack and 4 MIA barras and 2 banged up archerfish huddled in the corner.

Looking forward to the update vidz mate.

Ha ha, I usually have the Jack for brekkie!

I will put up some pics of my sw tank when my new LEDs arrive.

My favorite were the blue ones (2nd pic) from Gap Creek, on the western side of Cedar Bay Range. You should come up here for a collecting trip, you will have a ball.

I get to see the Goyder River rainbows in the Goyder River. There are coal grunters in there too.

Last edited:
I only got 1 setup really, the other one has a few rainbows, and eel-tail, and a couple of goldfish though.

I just like watching these guys get big :)

This was 22nd of January
Barramundi 007.jpg

And today..
Barramundi june5 2012 001.jpg

My dad built me this cabinet a few years ago, does the job :p
Barramundi june5 2012 002.jpg

Venomous1111 If you do get a nice planted aquarium you won't look back it's like having a garden inside very relaxing.

I've been looking into it a bit today and I have a rough idea on substrate and lighting, I'll be going either ADA aqua soil or ECO complete soil as the base layer of around 1cm then a sprinkle of laterite, blood n bone and marble chips around a 1mm layer then another 2cm layer of either ADA or ECO and then cap it with a 3cm layer of 2mm fine black gravel.
Lighting I'll be going with either all T5s or if I can find the floraglo 2 of them and 1 T5.

At the moment the AR850 tank has a small powerhead filter,inbuilt wet an dry filter and a heater.. I'm wondering if I remove the powerhead will the tank have enough circulation and what temps I should set the heater at..
What would you recommend as good beginner plant species?

Been watching a few clips on tanks, check this out there's a few nice setups on it..

[video=youtube_share;mfwOlz-rcFs]http://youtu.be/mfwOlz-rcFs[/video]

I've seen a few nice Rainbows in the wild, I like the rads up near rainbow beach and the checkerboard ones from out west but we used to have a lot of nice local fish here before the floods now theres not mutch around.
I'd love to go for a trip up there one day to see the cairns, and the thread fins it's good to see them in there native enviroment.

I've been looking into it a bit today and I have a rough idea on substrate and lighting, I'll be going either ADA aqua soil or ECO complete soil as the base layer of around 1cm then a sprinkle of laterite, blood n bone and marble chips around a 1mm layer then another 2cm layer of either ADA or ECO and then cap it with a 3cm layer of 2mm fine black gravel.
Lighting I'll be going with either all T5s or if I can find the floraglo 2 of them and 1 T5.

At the moment the AR850 tank has a small powerhead filter,inbuilt wet an dry filter and a heater.. I'm wondering if I remove the powerhead will the tank have enough circulation and what temps I should set the heater at..
What would you recommend as good beginner plant species?

Been watching a few clips on tanks, check this out there's a few nice setups on it..

[video=youtube_share;mfwOlz-rcFs]http://youtu.be/mfwOlz-rcFs[/video]
Sounds good mate, I used to like the crypts and the amazons you have to be carefull some plants dont like living with others, it might be worth looking into, look into the floromat to but mine used to do well because I liquid fed them aswell.

Last edited:
I've seen a few nice Rainbows in the wild, I like the rads up near rainbow beach and the checkerboard ones from out west but we used to have a lot of nice local fish here before the floods now theres not mutch around.
I'd love to go for a trip up there one day to see the cairns, and the thread fins it's good to see them in there native enviroment.

Sounds good mate, I used to like the crypts and the amazons you have to be carefull some plants dont like living with others, it might be worth looking into, look into the floromat to but mine used to do well because I liquid fed them aswell.

sweet as mate, I'll check them out and keep looking it to it a bit more.

And most of the comunity tanks are about 25 deg. c. but when I had discus I had it about 28 deg.c.
If You want a good book try get a hold of Optimum Aquarium by Kasper Horst and horst E Kipper its a german book but you can get it in english, if you can get a hold of it but its realy good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back