Pygmy python thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fay ! Absolutely cry worthy cute pythons ! Thanks or the linked thread love it ! I just neeeedddd one so bad ! And nice lil man goldie

Pic taken tonight. This little fella almost 6 months old and about 1/6th as thick as my thumb. I love these guys
eva2ysar.jpg

some quick snaps

Attachments

• DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 153
  • 100_5083.jpg
    100_5083.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 250
  • 100_5061.jpg
    100_5061.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 160
  • 100_5057.jpg
    100_5057.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 196
Just counted ventral scales of a fresh, perfect shed. Counted 210. Does anyone else know the ventral scale count of their pygmy? Barker & Barker state 212-250 (p. 18 ).
gu7epaje.jpg

Last edited:
This is taken from the AROD website

[h=3]Scale count information[/h]
cellspacing="5" style="line-height: 16.1875px; color: rgb(57, 57, 57); font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238)"
|-
| align="right" | Dorsal scales at midbody
| style="width: 2px" |
| 31 to 35
|-
| align="right" | Ventrals
| width="2" |
| 205 to 255 with a single anal scale
|-
| align="right" | Subcaudals
| width="2" |
| 30 to 45 and are divided
|-
| align="right" valign="top" | Other scale information
| width="2" |
| Head scales enlarged and symmetrical.
|-
| align="right" valign="top" | Danger rating
| width="2" |
| Non-venomous. Not considered dangerous.
Note: even a bite from a 'virtually harmless' or non-venomous reptile can result in serious complications. Play it safe and don't get bitten by anything.
|-

^ cool thanks. I thought the Barker & Barker figure of 212-250 ventral scales would be based on a relatively small sample population. I would be interested to know if there are any keepers who have observed a ventral scale count of less than 205, or even <200 in their pygmies. I was initially going to scan my girl to do the count, but her recent slough proved adequate.

Last edited:
They are simply the most gorgeous things. Its top on my must have list

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

We have 4 breeding adults between 400 - 450mm, the 2 younger ones are about the same length but not as thick as the older pair. All the hatchlings are gone this season and we'll be letting most go again this year.

Wat are these guys like to handle? Are they snappy? Sorry I don't have snakes but these guys are cool as! Might have to be my first snake....

blakes...I personally think they are your perfect beginner snake. They are smallish in size, voracious eaters (once they start lol) fantastic to handle, as long as no food is involved. JMO

^ I agree. I have a 6 month old juvie, +/- 22cm, she's never bitten once (not that it would hurt), and it seems she loves to be handled. I reckon a good choice blakes..

Ok thanks, I better start saving, and convincing the missus is going to take some time ha ha.I might have to hide it in my gecko rack for a few months:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back