Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last pet shop I went into today to sell my frogs to had a pair of adult ackies in a like 60x60x60 and I just shook my head and left. My local pet shop which is a pet and reptile world was bought by a couple who didn't like reptiles :twisted::x:rolleyes:when me and my mum inquired about a job so looks like I am going to teach them a fair bit.

Nice thread monty. I'll agree with the guys about teens. I try help as I have learnt a lot but I don't go sayi I know everything blah blah blah. But enough about that. I'd like to vent my frustration at a weird as kid who keeps stalking me and saying some serious bull about me at school but whatever.
I also must admit I don't like the whole restrictions cause by gender. Guys have penis' for a bloomin reason! That doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to do everything I do with girls with a guy instead. Don't want to sound ignorant to my parents and adults as I understand their fears or whatever but seriously. I feel just because I'm a girl, sleeping over with a good guy friend is wrong. No. I might just get on really well and can relate to him so we are friends. Just happen to be different sex for reproduction.
Sorry had to put it out there.

Anyway. Can't wait for holidays! Going camping for a few days and taking a day trip to goulburn river for a bit of fishing and maybe some herping. Any good down there?

hope everyone has a great Easter and holiday!

well i'd like to pick the brag option please.....after a 5 month weight i have finally today pick up my BHP hatchie, well its no hatchie anymore its 5 months old and 3 foot long but i am absolutely stoked with it and it was worth the wait for it to be feeding properly ........

I am going to rant about people's irrational fear of snakes. This seems to be the place to do it! A post came up on my fb page the other day, a group of 'concerned citizens' were demanding a petition to male the council do something about the 'massive snake population' on a block of land owned by council near there neighborhood. The post stated that the snakes were a huge risk to the community and that the council should turn the land into 'something productive' instead of a breeding ground for snakes. It also stated that this was the time of year when snakes were breeding and so they were particularly aggressive because they were protecting there young. There was a photo attached of a cat lying on the road looking at a large brown snake. I couldn't believe it! There were tons of comments calling on the council to kill or relocate the snakes and destroy there breeding habitat. I got straight on there and stated that firstly, this is the snakes natural habitat, we are invading there land, not the other way around. Secondly, not breeding time, thirdly, snakes don't protect there young. I also stated that as the picture clearly showed the snake had no intrest in the cat, why would it chase a person down the road???? The best thing those People can do is educate there kiss and there neighbors. Of you see a snake, LEAVE IT ALONE, walk away. If its in your yard or in your house. Call someone to come and relocate it. Sorry for the long rant, and sorry if it doesn't make much sense, I'm typing it up on my phone. It just makes me so mad that these people have no idea what they are talking about!!!!! All they are doing is spreading ignorance and fear where there could be education and management.

Irresponsible dog owners who either don't have proper control of their dog or don't clean up after it, this really gets my goat.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

I use paper, straw stinks WAY too much for me! I used it once, smelt so foul after 1 day I was gagging. Mine are moving into the shed as well. Getting too smelly inside :p

lol Rat wee.....Ewwwwe! yes we are unable to walk our dog due to people around here walking their dogs without leads. Our bully HATES other dogs so we have her in a full harness however if another random dog friendly or not walks up to us while out and about - well it wouldnt be nice lets put it that way. Thankfully we have a huge back yard so she doesnt miss the walks but still very annoying that she has to miss out because of other people being irresponsible!

On a brighter note you all gotta try this lol get a spoon full of nutella and put in the freezer lol its soooooo yummy frozen :p

lol well im not on facebook lol but im big for googling lol infact i just googled the words caudate and ambystoma mexicanum ! lol i learn something new everyday on here :lol:

See it's not very hard! Everyone with internet can do it. People frustrate me haha

I use paper, straw stinks WAY too much for me! I used it once, smelt so foul after 1 day I was gagging. Mine are moving into the shed as well. Getting too smelly inside :p

why dont you try wood shavings????? i use wood shavings in mine and they dont smell at all, get in contact with a timber furniture maker and ask him if you can get some bags of shavings from the thicknesser.

Try having 8 girl rats in one big cage >.<
My rat girl lives right next to our dining table beside the kitchen and our house is locked up most of the time. I only clean her out twice a month. Breeders Choice cat litter will literally save your life. My girl never ever ever smells. Even if you pushed your face into her cage.

I am going to rant about people's irrational fear of snakes. This seems to be the place to do it! A post came up on my fb page the other day, a group of 'concerned citizens' were demanding a petition to male the council do something about the 'massive snake population' on a block of land owned by council near there neighborhood. The post stated that the snakes were a huge risk to the community and that the council should turn the land into 'something productive' instead of a breeding ground for snakes. It also stated that this was the time of year when snakes were breeding and so they were particularly aggressive because they were protecting there young. There was a photo attached of a cat lying on the road looking at a large brown snake. I couldn't believe it! There were tons of comments calling on the council to kill or relocate the snakes and destroy there breeding habitat. I got straight on there and stated that firstly, this is the snakes natural habitat, we are invading there land, not the other way around. Secondly, not breeding time, thirdly, snakes don't protect there young. I also stated that as the picture clearly showed the snake had no intrest in the cat, why would it chase a person down the road???? The best thing those People can do is educate there kiss and there neighbors. Of you see a snake, LEAVE IT ALONE, walk away. If its in your yard or in your house. Call someone to come and relocate it. Sorry for the long rant, and sorry if it doesn't make much sense, I'm typing it up on my phone. It just makes me so mad that these people have no idea what they are talking about!!!!! All they are doing is spreading ignorance and fear where there could be education and management.
reminds me of a news picture on FB by nine news darwin that had a story on that a darwin carpet had bred in the walls of a day care centre and the babies had hatched (mother and father had long gone) and people were saying how these 30cm carpets could "easily" kill a baby and then people saying that they wanted to burn them all alive, that really annoyed me, me and my uncle (both keep snakes) were ranting and combating everyone's theories for hours on the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate it when 12year olds with "7 years experience with reptiles" ruin my enjoyment of other forums.

At first I would log on to see what the latest installment would bring, but after him getting a gorgeous BHP, then "losing" it within 48hrs, then wondering why it won't settle down when he has only had it a week and has "only handled it 2 or 3 times", is scared of it biting him and is considering getting rid of it, gives dodgey advice on subjects he has no idea about, then argues that feeding live rodents to captive snakes reflects nature and picks fights with more experienced members, I am thoroughly fed up. If anyone knows how to block comments on that other well known Aussie reptile forum please let me know.:evil::x:x

Its not his fault, his iPad is playing up.

I hate it when 12year olds with "7 years experience with reptiles" ruin my enjoyment of other forums.

At first I would log on to see what the latest installment would bring, but after him getting a gorgeous BHP, then "losing" it within 48hrs, then wondering why it won't settle down when he has only had it a week and has "only handled it 2 or 3 times", is scared of it biting him and is considering getting rid of it, gives dodgey advice on subjects he has no idea about, then argues that feeding live rodents to captive snakes reflects nature and picks fights with more experienced members, I am thoroughly fed up. If anyone knows how to block comments on that other well known Aussie reptile forum please let me know.:evil::x:x
who are you referring to? I would like to see what you're talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back