1 cabinet for 2 snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
porkbones.jpg

This long weekend allowed me to do a bit more work on the enclosure. Door frames have been put together and the rebate cut ready for the glass. I'm by far any woodworker and making these frames wasnt any fun lol glass arrives Tuesday so once I get it fitted properly I will stain and varnish the frames.

brought some vents and got all the holes cut out for them
porkbones.jpg

added a couple of branches.photo is missing another branch tht I added after the pic was taken. The pic doesn't do it justice but it does actually look better thn what it does in the photo
porkbones.jpg

Since the last pic I have given it all 1 coat of varnish. Will install vents 2mrw.give it a 2nd varnish on the inside. Back wall is off at the moment as it was easier to varnish so this will be put back on and secured properly, then branches will be added again and secured properly. Will add a length of pine to the bottom of the top enclosure and install the glass track for that top section

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great [MENTION=36220]Porkbones[/MENTION], can't wait to see it finished :)

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

looking epic cant wait for when you finish

Had a snag. It's called doors not fitting how ild like LOL working around it and finally have it up.not 100% happy with them but the look ok

sounds good maybe keep trying or make another frame

Ild b quite happy if I never made another frame again lol. Blaze won't get out so its going to do the job.its just not very flush with the enclosure sides lol

[MENTION=39748]Bredli1956[/MENTION] thanks.hope it's ok for him

yeh if its does the job then it will do, later on in the year when i finis all my wood work projects im going to make a mini tv cabinet enclosure and get some geckos that can climb to go in it so i can have a mini cabinet for geckos haha

I didnt want to but knew it had to be done……cupboard doors.if I didnt start it i knew ild put them back on still in original colour. Im over sanding lol but i think thts the last of it. Also put glass in the doors and made a frame up to hide the edge of glass and the rebate.

porkbones.jpg
This pic is actually the back of the door.gez it looks better thn the front.wonder if I can turn them around lolimage.jpg

Pleased with what got done over the weekend.the end is definitely in sight.installed the cam lock and bolt locks. Cupboard doors are put back together and attached to cabinet, branches are screwed in place. Will buy some finger grips for the sliding glass doors and handles for the cabinet doors from virides. Still to buy and install heating and will use my LED lights tht I'm using in my current enclosure.will make a couple of hides for each section too
image.jpgimage.jpgporkbones.jpgporkbones.jpg

image.jpgThe fun of making hides.my shed is now fill of styrofoam balls lol

[MENTION=39562]aj33340[/MENTION] be a lot easier and a lot less messier lol

image.jpgThese are about to have the 3rd coat applied. Then it's 1 last coat,paint and lastly seal them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back