Reptile dedicated rooms/sheds do's and dont's.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're going to have reverse cycle aircon then you program your temp fluctuations yourself. Insulate to your hearts content.
Be careful not to over insulate as you will struggle to get night time lows. Obviously that depends on your location and what you are trying to breed.

Sorry Wokka. Silly question - what is the panel you are talking about? cool room panel? Thanks

Yeah, genericly called coolroom panel. 0.8mm metal either side with styrene in the midddle. If you search insulated panelling suppliers will come up. Mine are actually old egg rooms from a local ckicken hatchery.

Thanks for all your advise. Everything has been taken on board and I had my first consult the other day with my mate (Builder) who will be completing this project for me. Anything else anybody can think of feel free to post. Cheers.

Can anyone suggest what type of paint I should paint the shed floor with? It's 11 metres by 8 metres and is concrete right now, and I want to paint it to seal it and so it looks better. I could use that shed floor paint you can buy or I have also heard that "paving paint" is good to use. I am also worried about how slippery the shed paint could be if it was to get a bit of water on it. I am also worried about how shiny the shed paint is. My brother did his garage and it must have been a gloss paint as it was pretty shiny when looking at it with lights shining down on it. So any suggestions?

If you mix sand in with any type of pain it will have a grippy texture, alot of commercial tiles have this due to cafes etc needing a non slip surface in the kitchen.

Just about to paint the floor with heavy duty paving paint that is oil based (not water based). I was just wondering how long after I finish painting do people think I should move in with my reptiles?

Paint on the floor is all good. Reptiles have moved in. I have two 7.1kw split system reverse cycle air cons installed to the room. I was wondering what is a safe temp to set the room temperature at for the aircons to kick in? I want to only use them when completely necessary to save money on electricity, but at the same time don't want the reptiles to stress or die. All enclosures are individually heated. Aircon is just to stop the reptiles from over heating etc.

I was also wondering what people's thoughts on what is the perfect temp to set the split system's on for this time of year (winter) when they are heating the room? I have individual heating in enclosures but ambient temps in the room in general are getting pretty low as overnight temps are in the minus here :(

I think you have to look at what types you keep and what their min & max temps are,and adjust your AC to suit.For instance I keep central & pygmy beardies + of course the boyds I bought from you so my temps range from max 45C during the day to 12C at night,any lower & I put on a heater to keep them warm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back