Toads as pets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benzel600

Reaction score
Hi I have been trying to find out all the Toads you are able to keep in Queensland but all that comes but is a bunch of rubbish on cane toads.
I really want a Big toad like the bullfrog.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is only one species of toad in queensland and it's the cane toad. That's why all you can find is rubbish about cane toads. They are all that are here.

By the way a bullfrog is not a toad.

Cool well I had an idea they weren't toads it says it in their name thats why I said like I more meant the large and fat form of a bullfrog.
Well, is there any frog that you can own like that. I would just get a cane toad but I don't want all the poisons around my other animals.

As long as don't let your other animals chew on them there shouldn't be a problem. Cane toads actually make reasonably good pets as far as amphibians go. If nothing else feeding is never a problem although they are messy.

Have you looked at green tree frogs or white lipped tree frogs? Both get large and can be seen advertised from time to time.
You can get native burrowing frogs (cyclorana) on license although they are few and far between. They are the closest to a toad you are likely to find in oz. I did keep them for a few years myself but you only see them for a few months of the year. The rest of the time they are underground. Not a very exciting pet for most people.

QLD have toads but I've never heard of them in captivity.
Eg.
-Notaden bennetti- holy cross toad
-Notaden nichollsi-Desert Spadefoot Toad

Those aren't toads Jarrod_H they are just burrowing frogs with bumpy skin called toads.

Those aren't toads Jarrod_H they are just burrowing frogs with bumpy skin called toads.

Are you pulling my leg? So even tho they call them toads they aren't actually toads??
ugu5y9yb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back