Murray darling python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor.maas

Reaction score
I just recently brought a murray darling python with a 2 ft tank and heat rock and water bowl so basic setup and it was due to eat yesterday so had its food out the day before to defrost it to room temperature and it won't eat it it grabed it and coiled around it then let go tried this sevral time then left it in cage with it hoping it would eat but still wouldn't any ideas of what I should do to promote it to eat as I am a new snake owner

The idea is to defrost the food quickly so it doesnt have time to grow bacteria etc,.....you place the frozen rodent into warm/hot tap water till it is thawed, youre aiming to get the food item to around 38c (body temperature).

it might still be settling in and be a bit nervous to eat around you, its a good sign thats it grabbing the food. try feeding at night with minimal disturbance.

Just FYI, heat rocks are considered to be dangerous and can cause severe burns, youre best off cutting the cord off the heat rock so you can use it as an ornament and getting some other form of heating.

What other heating do you have? If its only the heat rock, as cupcake said, cut the cord and use it as an ornament, they are dangerous.
It needs a hot end of 33°, you will need to acheive that before feeding

What other heating do you have? If its only the heat rock, as cupcake said, cut the cord and use it as an ornament, they are dangerous.
Yer that's correct I have a Murray darling and I keep hot end at 30/33 degrees Celsius and he is a great eater I have a heat mat to achieve my temps he's that mutch of a good eater he ate as soon as I got him home and in enclosure

There are a lot of methods u can try to get him to eat but I don't think u should b leaving your food out over night I take mine out of the freezer put it in a warm place to defrost like window seal or even a DVD player or PlayStation as soon as I can roll his guts in my hand and its body temp I feed it to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back