First Timer making enclosure for a Cape York

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES!

This is starting to look really awesome can't wait for more pics!!

First attempt at a rock wall.
0e7f1f9c7ee0d55b30f04a867de251f2.jpg

f4bb4826b31624d6aff55702bfaa487d.jpg

52daf66d967ebf9d4d10385ab4d27395.jpg

Wow you're putting so much effort into this and its looking really great.

Your wife is a lucky lady!

Wow...

Looks absolutely amazing!

You have done a fantastic job, and its your first time!

I bet the missus will be thrilled. Great work man, I'm glad you were posting updates often. :D

And thanks for the encouragement. I'll need to change the title. I ended up putting a down payment on an olive!!!!
8ecfa958c2bce32ae515e02f21a0a8f9.jpg

I took my son down for a test run to get him used to our new addition. I don't think I have any problems there!
93b174188468a915510381c7a469cbe7.jpg

03122738eac1d676de5cd0651cb052b5.jpg

An olive! Another great choice. And your son seems to like him already! Let us know how the wife reacts!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Great job!
Just remember, that enclosure isn't gonna last you all that long if you're buying an olive!

That's interesting. The guys at the snake shop I'm buying it from said it was perfect for an olive. It 1.8m long by 1m high. Do you think I should reconsider and get a woma instead? I love the olive...

On another note, the enclosure is now at home waiting in the garage for the big day on Thursday. Need to make a decision on the snake by Wednesday.

Hi All,

Well the big day has come and gone. My wife is absolutely over the moon. For some reason the page says my jpeg files won't upload so I'll find another way of showing it off. Thanks for the guidance and support through the process. We are now very proud owners of an 8 month old olive who fed extremely well on his first go.

That's an awesome looking enclosure mate!
Minimum cage size for a single adult olive is 1800mm long, 900mm high, 600mm wide. Shouldn't have a drama with it mate.

Sealing

Hey mate what did u use to waterproof the inside of the cabinet? I have a very similar cabinet that I'm turning into 3 different enclosures.

Waterproofing

Hey mate what did u use to waterproof the inside of the cabinet? I have a very similar cabinet that I'm turning into 3 different enclosures.

Yes, I used Cabolts Water Based Proofer available at Bunnings. Not the cheapest at about $40 a litre, but it does the job well. I did three coats to ensure it was totally proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back