Lace monitor skin problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trent

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys. My lace monitor has some random irritations on his back. I will try and get a photos asap but any idea what it could be? Burns? They look like grazes sought of and look like they have been weeping a bit. Thanks

It's impossible to say without at least seeing photos.

Looks like thermal burns, vet would be your best bet mate as it doesnt look good at all.

Rick

I can see those pics.

Is your Lacey ever housed with other goannas or fed live prey?
What have you been treating it with, if at all?

I would apply 'Flamazine' to those wounds, especially if they're from burns. It's available without prescription from pharmacies/chemists

Yeah you need to get some antiseptic on that to prevent infection

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ok thank you everyone. Ive been putting a bit of betadine on it. No its housed alone and fed thawed

two phillips 100w spotlights

- - - Updated - - -

Also whats the best substrate to use for laceys? I have him on pine bark but it seems a bit dusty. Thanks

2 100w spotlights will burn the animal as only sections will heat up and he will not move

i would use 4 50w globes spead out to cover a greater land area as that will heat the whole lizard insted of one section of his back..
I was given a Lacey with worse burns then yours I bathed daily in a diluted chlorhexadine solouthion and kept the tank clean of any sub straight to ensure no dirt or dust got into it,

- - - Updated - - -

Also I just use critters crumble

How far away from the badking spot should the lights be, for this wattage?

Bumblebee tuna

I have no idea why my name is different. Must be a different account on my phone or something. but its the same trent haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back