Good places for herp photography in the RNP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berachester

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows of good bush walks in the Royal National Park where I could see a wide range of different herps. I would love to photograph some lace monitors, any kinds of snakes and also any interesting lizards as well. Also what time of year would be the best time to go?

I will post pictures of any herps I get this year :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

On a warm day you'll catch lacey's raiding the Audley bbq areas.
I'd often find them and other things on the Temptation Creek trail, including heath monitors.

You need to be aware that there is an element of luck involved in coming across species such as Heath Monitors, even in areas where they are common. Secondly, you will be very lucky to come across a snake as you cannot go flipping rocks in the national park.

A lot of years ago there used to be Jacky Dragons and Mountain Dragons a plenty about 1/3 of the way along the Uloola Walking Track from Waterfall station - before you get to Uloola Falls, in low open heath with exposed rock areas.

The cliff walk from Otford northwards was always a sure place to find colonies of the red/brown form of Cunningham?s Skink in rocky exposed areas with plenty of crevices. Water Dragons and Water Skinks used to be reliably located on coastal beaches amongst rocks but you would probably be better off at Audley and the river or Kangaroo Creek.

Good luck,
Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back