5 YO Bredli has refused the last 2 feeds in 8 weeks - Is this normal?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fozcore

Reaction score
My 5 YO Bredli has always been a great feeder, and has had no issues in the entire time I've had him.

However...
Over the last 8 weeks he has refused the last 2 rat feeds.

This is unusual for him, but I'm not sure if this constant refusal of rats, suggests another problem/concern.

Should I just leave it for a few more weeks?
What is the longest period of time I should wait before I get seriously concerned about his well-being?

Can any Experts offer any advice on this to help me look after my pet Bredli even better?

Thanks,

How long have you had your bredli? Has it ever refused a feed before? There are reasons why snakes can refuse a feed; shedding, the cooler months, are just two. How often is it eating? I wouldn't be too concerned at the moment, as long as your bredli is looking healthy and acting otherwise normally.

If it's male it may not eat during the breeding season mine has stopped feeding after his first two feed after winter .

- - - Updated - - -

If it's male it may not eat during the breeding season mine has stopped feeding after his first two feed after winter .

I've had my bredli since he was 4 weeks old, so I've had him for close to 5 years.
He has refused one feed a few years ago, so I waited a few weeks and the next one he scoffed down.

His behaviour is normal aside from the lack of eating. And his condition is great as well. Everything appears normal apart from his lack of eating!

I'm hoping that it's just the colder months, although I don't remember this being an issue in past years.

5 y old if it's a male it might be horny if you have female with male she might be about to lay eggs 8 week not feeding at this time of year is not uncommon with of the above. Only worry about it if it goes will in to nov or thay start to loose condition
i have 6 y old male and4 y old female whoI believe is gravid as she shed 2 weeks ago and has gone cloudy again as we speak

5 y old if it's a male it might be horny if you have female with male she might be about to lay eggs 8 week not feeding at this time of year is not uncommon with of the above. Only worry about it if it goes will in to nov or thay start to loose condition
i have 6 y old male and4 y old female whoI believe is gravid as she shed 2 weeks ago and has gone cloudy again as we speak

Thanks for the advice, Geckoman1985. I only have the 5 yo male. No others to mate with. I think I'll give the snake a few more weeks before I start getting too worried. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back