Amethistina locality ID

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_snake

Reaction score
Hi!

We are interested in knowing the locality of my amethistina, as we are looking forward to buy a male for her, so I would really appreciate any help with identifying the locality :D

Here I put some photos (they are old, but you can see the pattern). The bands on the neck are faded, not like the ones in the rest of the body.

dF1UiM9.jpg

uzrf0fw.jpg

21ay62t.jpg

She was sold as a Sorong, but I've been told that she looks as a jayapura... so I would like to know what do you think about ;)

Thank you!

Hi,

Yep, I know she's a northern bar neck, but I would like to know if she looks more like a sorong or a jayapura to you.

Thanks!

Can't contribute to the locale debate, but that sure is a gorgeous looking little animal!

Jamie

Wow, never seen a non Kinghorni Amethystine, stunning!

Might be worth trying some of the Morelia groups on facebook- most of the people here are australian's that have almost no experience with Indonesian Morelia

cheers
scott

Hi,

Thank you for those nice words! :D Here it's almost impossible to get a kinghorni... you guys are so lucky!

Might be worth trying some of the Morelia groups on facebook- most of the people here are australian's that have almost no experience with Indonesian Morelia

cheers
scott

Oh, I understand, I'll post on facebook groups then ;)

Thank you, guys!

Try Scrub Python Trader on Facebook, somebody on there will give you more insight into locale. Bloody nice Scrub though.

Asked on Scrub Python facebook group, and people told me about looking like a jayapura, but some guy told me about the locality naming errors, as it seems that some localities phenotypes are no other than other localities phenotype variation. I explain myself: He said that it looked as a Bird's head peninsula amethistine (where we can find Sorong for example), and the so called jayapuras are no other than Bird's head peninsula bar necks, while the true jayapuras actually look similar to wamenas. Something similar happens with biaks as they look like southerns being surrounded by northerns bar necks, it seems to be because of the introduction of feral southerns in biak island, and the true biak amethistines have bar necks.
You can take a look at Scrub Python group as I said, and u'll probably will understand better haha! ;)

I'll leave a couple more photos with better quality as I see that you liked my scrub!

wve2z8.jpg

30dhrns.jpg

Well, I don't know if they are easy to get in Australia, as well as I don't know how the law works for exotic animales in there. In Europe, these northern barnecks are the easiest to find of the amethistine scrubs. But here it is impossible to find a kinghorni, as they aren't legally imported from Australia.

Anyone catch the lovely 5m male Kinghorni on Bondi Vet Saturday night?

I have no idea about the locality but my god that is one of the nicest scrubs I have ever seen! Very nice mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back