Eco tech tc200 thermostat problem HELP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willspyrou

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So my Eco tech tc200 thermostat seems to be busted
for som reason the temperature changed itself to 50c
so I went to change it back to what it should be and as I press lower and lower it gets to 49.1 once I get to 49 in then changes back to 50?
is the thermostat completely busted or is there a way that I can fix it? Thanks in advance!

Nah probs might wanna ditch it. Don't use a faulty thermo under any circumstances.

Buy a Habistat thermostat. Digital dimming will cost you $160 from the Herp Shop. Reportedly one of the better thermostats around.

My EcoTech thermostat is dead. The lighting side works but the heater side is no more.
Less than a year old.
Going to try for a refund and then replace it with the Habistat.
My other Habistat is going great guns.

I have had about 20 Ecotech all stop working around six months old. The lighting side works but the heater side will not work and i had 2 catch fire. I dont use them anymore got a refund on all of them

No refund, just a new EcoTech with an additional 12 months warranty :(

Eco-tech = Firestarter.

I personally know of several of these that have started fires when they fail. Then there is the 'blank screen' issues and the 'locking on' thermostat issue. I thought all of mine were great too until they started failing, and one melted (but didnt catch fire thankfully). Then I researched and learnt of the other cases where fires were actually started.

These were not 'on-offs'.....

Throw it in the bin and buy a real one or set up your enclosures with a heat source sized so that you don't need to worry about a thermostat.

Throw it in the bin and buy a real one or set up your enclosures with a heat source sized so that you don't need to worry about a thermostat.

What he said.......I rarely use a thermostat these days. Heat sources are and enclosures are matched to provide the correct temp without them.

Hi, would you still have this thermostat? I have just bought a second hand one, TC200 and it doesn't have any instructions? Would you have a copy of them at all?

Bin it .... get a separate simple thermostat and a separate timer and all will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back