Some advice needed on a python for my boys

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Zoidberg,

Nothing really meant by it. I thought you may have been familiar with his posts and would have got a laugh out of it. Obviously from observing your joining date you mightn't be familiar with his mannerism of posting.

It's just that a few of my associates and myself often refer to Bluetongue1 as Dr Zoidberg because like the character, he appears desperate to be accepted and is of the misguided delusion that he is well regarded by all as a bit of an expert in all fields. He has a habit of answering questions in a diatribe of excess but unfortunately for him it's obvious to anyone that has been in the game for a while, knows how to access info on the net and has half a brain that he appears to have very little practical, hands on experience with keeping herps or field work and the information he posts (and not just herp related) is information obtained from web searches and he posts as if he's the all knowing, educated intellect without reference to where he has obtained the info.

He has been challenged on his practical experience on several occasions but never gives a direct answer, choosing to throw the ball back into the oppositions court.

Cheers to both of you,

George.

Can't say that I've seen many posts from bluetongue1. I chose the name dr Zoidberg for the exact reason of him being a self proclaimed expert in his field, I'm happy to admit I'm far from being an expert at anything. It's good to know my posts remind you of someone you describe as being a knob...or is it?...Hahaha Cheers.

Last edited:
Is there any preference with make/model for a heat mat for the click clack

Do you recommend placing it between 2 ceramic tiles like some people do

Can it go under the click clack or does it have to be inside?

5w heat mat underneath/attached to bottom should be fine. Dunno how hot it gets where you are but a thermostat is advised in most cases.

Thanks mate

Any particular make/model? Any website you can suggest to order one online?

I've used reptile one with no real issues , a lot of people recommend heat cords but shouldn't matter as long as you have some regulation ( I've been using timers but have now ordered a thermostat to take out the guess work and constant monitoring of weather)

should be be able to find reptile one gear in most pet stores.

Last edited:
Any suggestion on where I can get some frozen hopper mice, I am based in the Perth northern suburbs (Yanchep)

Thanks

The manner in which you post info and comments Dr Zoidberg is strongly reminiscent of Bluetongue1.

After viewing a few older threads I now see what you mean, I can see how I can come across as a know it all, but unlike bluetongue1 I will readily admit to being wrong, I also won't post on a thread I know nothing about for example, breeding (have never bred reptiles before even though I own a few m/f pairs). I have learnt a lot in the time I've kept and been studying reptiles but still have a lot more to learn.

cheers.

Last edited:
Just an update on our new carpet Pebbles, shes doing really well and grown quite a bit already

Some pics of her and the new enclosure I'm getting ready for her

I am planning on building a fake rock wall with ledges and a couple of hides for the back of the enclosure. I was going to use high-density polystyrene then coat it with grout, then non-toxic paint and pond-sealer to finish it off. Is there any particular brand/type of paint, grout and sealer to use that is better than the others. I was going to have a look at Bunnings

I obviously want to ensure her safety first and foremost, but at the same make it look at realistic as possible.

Any suggestions on where to buy some sheets of polystyrene and what adhesive to use to glue the bits of polystyrene together with?

Thanks all, sorry about all the questions again, appreciate the help

Attachments

• 20150219_192855.jpg
    20150219_192855.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 20150219_192821.jpg
    20150219_192821.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 20150112_194230.jpg
    20150112_194230.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 43
  • 20150106_204414.jpg
    20150106_204414.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 20141230_195405.jpg
    20141230_195405.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 20141229_220124.jpg
    20141229_220124.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 20141225_132812.jpg
    20141225_132812.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 20141225_132806.jpg
    20141225_132806.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 36
Thanks Simon

Shes doing really well and the boys love her. Just getting a bigger enclosure ready for when its time

Any suggestions for the best substrate for a SWCP when she moves into a larger enclosure? I was thinking Kritter crumble?

Just tinkering with the heating and thermostat but she seems to love it

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back