Jag Neuro: A Concern?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

markannab

Reaction score
Hi all

Tomorrow, I'm meeting the seller of a one-year-old jungle jag (Krauss x SXR). He rang in the name of full disclosure to specify two neuro symptoms he's noticed. I wonder if someone EXPERIENCED with jags would mind giving me their opinion of how mild/severe these symptoms are in the world of neuro.

1. If she's laid on her back, she doesn't fight to right herself as most snakes do. Instead, she rights her head and the body slowly follows;
2. Sometimes, when climbing a vertical object, the top half of her body arches back for a moment before she "realizes" something is wrong and corrects her position. He hasn't seen her fall as she corrects herself before that happens.

He says that, in all other respects, he's only seen normal behaviour in drinking and eating, no shaking, etc.

Do you see any of this as a concern? I've read that many consider some level of neuro to be part of most jag packages.

Thanks,
Mark.

Personally, seeing any sort of neuro behaviour in an animal would distress me, which is why I will never keep or condone the breeding of Jags.

If you can stomach witnessing the quirks (which may or may not get worse) and possible complications (injury from falling etc), then go for it if you really want the animal.

I did keep jags.....I do NOT anymore because I was not happy with all of their "quirks"NEURO, all of the jags I owned showed signs, some more than others,if you can live with this buy jags but remember they ALL!!!! have some sort of neuro.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back