A few frogs from work.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr-Zoidberg

Reaction score
After the rain we've had over the last week, the frogs are breeding in mass. I work at a magnetite storage facility at the port. there is a lot of heavy industry around here. We have a catchment pond that collects storm water runoff from our yard. This pond is heavily polluted with truck wash, diesel, oil and other contaminants.

supprisingly the frogs don't seem bothered by this, and this year the catchment pond is bursting at the seems with tadpoles. There are a fair few species here and I'm looking forward to seeing literally millions of little frogs emerge from the water after metamorphis.

there are spotted marsh frogs, green tree frogs, a rocket frog species, a burrowing frog species , a smaller tree frog species, grass frogs and numerous others (virtually no toads :) ). hopefully some one here can help ID the ones that I haven't so far.

I'll upload some pictures on my lunch break.

cheers

Last edited:
5e0e231cbec3589a4a99cb43518f8ffc.jpg
found this guy in the bobcat this morning.
Unsure of the species, there's another that's very similar but a different colour ( more a redish brown )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back