So eggxcited,

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geckoman1985

Reaction score
  1. Ok so I brought my female bredli in October last year to pair with my boy who I had since he was a hatchling I was lucky enough to catch them in the art of mateIng in early October in ever since she had gone of her food and putting on a large amount of weight I believe her ore lay shed was the 9th of November following her getting to the very top of the enclosure were the temps sit around 36c well tonight I noted she was moving around her more then she normally dose or has been I was wanting to know if I have set a suitable nest site for her i put a pace of carpet with heat mat underneath and sphagnum moss on top of the carpet the temp probe for my thermostat is on top of the mat under the carpet and set to 36c I also given the sphagnum moss a spray so it is damp I plan to let her incubate the eggs on her own it is the very first time for me and her first clutch is there any thing that I can do to get a good outcome for me and my beredli.

In all honesty you would more likely get best results with your eggs if you incubated them manually just easier to control humidity and temperature. however congratulations

You really do need to do some research on python breeding. 36C is about 5C too high, you'll need to have a laying chamber - a styrofoam box or something similar with a hole in the side or the lid big enough for her to crawl into and have some privacy, and you'll need to be able to keep the humidity VERY high in the enclosure for the duration of the incubation. The enclosure will need to be kept to around 28-29C to allow the snake to make the final few degrees adjustment itself, and you'll need to keep the enclosure in the coolest part of the house, especially since you're in Singleton. If they overheat on a heatwave day for a few hours, you'll lose the eggs and possibly event the snake.

You'll need DRY sphagnum moss in a very humid enclosure.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back