Which of these jungles would you pick?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michelv

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I've been looking into getting myself a pair of jungle carpet pythons for quite some time. I currently have the opportunity to aquire some German line jungles which were imported into Canada directly from Precision reptiles in Germany. Theres only one problem, i'm not exactly sure which one I should choose! I don't have much experience in choosing a young jungle and this will be my first time, i'm aiming to get a top notch female. The male he has available is a 2013 so he already has most of his colours in, but the females are 2014.
So I was wondering if you experienced fella's could give me a hand and point me in the right direction please.
What traits should I be looking for to identify a high quality jungle?
I have my eye on female #1 and #3 but its hard to chose. Female #3 seems to have some darker scales on her head and some scattered around her body aswell. I've read that the scales that are darker in the yellow tend to stay dark and give the snake a muddy look to it, am I right?
Let me know which one you would chose and why.

Here are a few pictures of his top three females he has available:

Female #1
f76a558b795b3c3cb97af01d43d96078.jpg

Female #2
505759d6428435d11f686b78603576e3.jpg

Female #3
984dc702c9e4f705e913e0c288ae59b7.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Michel

Hi Ask for pics of parents should give you a better idea.

- - - Updated - - -

pick the one you like it's not gonna make much difference looking at them they all look nice to me. Also you would be better off asking these questions of the breeder as he will have a much better idea of how they will colour up.

Last edited:
I do not mean to sound like an *** ... But Precision did not have any 2014 pure German Bloodline Jungles as far as I know. Im not disputing that they are Precision stock, but do not think they are pure Bloodline Jungles. They may be Bloodline Jungles x Zebra.

Please dont think I am just being picky, im just saying if it is the famous Bloodline that you are after. I dont think they are. The male could be, because they did have 2013's available. I know how hard it can be to find good jungles, so good luck in whatever you decide :D

I do not mean to sound like an *** ... But Precision did not have any 2014 pure German Bloodline Jungles as far as I know. Im not disputing that they are Precision stock, but do not think they are pure Bloodline Jungles. They may be Bloodline Jungles x Zebra.

Please dont think I am just being picky, im just saying if it is the famous Bloodline that you are after. I dont think they are. The male could be, because they did have 2013's available. I know how hard it can be to find good jungles, so good luck in whatever you decide :D
Oh really, I was told they were from his zebra pairings which I figured were german bloodlines, so this would mean that they aren't pure German bloodline Jungles?
I'm pretty new at the carpet world so I still have some things to learn.

Dam this kinda sucks, I was looking to get the pure German bloodline Jungles and as soon as I saw these available I got real excited and said to myself "nows your chance to get some high quality jungles", but if your telling me that these are not pure then I don't know anymore.
I shall ask the breeder and see what he has to say.

Thanks for informing me,
Michel

Hi..

I could be wrong, and am in no way trying to discredit the seller. Maybe worth dropping Ollie at Precision an email just to make sure ;) I wasnt aware he had any.

As I said I know how hard it is trying to find quality jungles, im a bit of a sucker for them and like to know exactly where they came from. I was just trying to help and make sure you got what you wanted.

Anyway I hope you get what you are after, its never an easy decision picking from pictures.

Heres a picture of my Bloodline female...

Hi..

I could be wrong, and am in no way trying to discredit the seller. Maybe worth dropping Ollie at Precision an email just to make sure ;) I wasnt aware he had any.

As I said I know how hard it is trying to find quality jungles, im a bit of a sucker for them and like to know exactly where they came from. I was just trying to help and make sure you got what you wanted.

Anyway I hope you get what you are after, its never an easy decision picking from pictures.

Heres a picture of my Bloodline female...

I sent the breeder an email asking what exact pairing did they come from. He originaly told me "zebra pairings which were with his german bloodline jungles", but does that mean they're pure german bloodline jungles? Or no?

When i'm looking to buy snakes I ALWAYS try to find the best of the best that I could get my hands on.

Thats one beautiful snake my friend. Wow. How old is this one?
I also have a soft spot for jungles, I love how they grow into there colours rather then have there colours fade away.

Michel

would think that they are zebra x bloodline jungles, so not pure bloodline jungles.

Its always worth checking !

She is about 18 months old, without hijacking your thread with pictures of my snakes. Here is a picture of her as a hatchling. You can see how small she is in relation to my thumb and how much colour the Precision Bloodline stuff has even at that age.

would think that they are zebra x bloodline jungles, so not pure bloodline jungles.

Its always worth checking !

She is about 18 months old, without hijacking your thread with pictures of my snakes. Here is a picture of her as a hatchling. You can see how small she is in relation to my thumb and how much colour the Precision Bloodline stuff has even at that age.

Wow! I can't believe how much colour she has. I didn't think it was possible to have this much colour as a hatchling.
Feel free to post as many pictures of her as you want! Shes a real beauty. If you don't mind me asking, are you located in Australia?

So I found out that the pairing was Zebra x German bloodline Jungle. Its a bummer, I was really looking to get pure German bloodline. I'm afraid its going to be nearly impossible unless I import directly from Precision reptiles. I mean these jungles are still beautiful snakes, but when it comes down to it I think it might be better to start my project off with some pure bloodlines. Oh decisions..decisions...

I have a question, is there any side effects when you inbreed the siblings? Because now that I think about it, the only way to really get a pure german bloodline would be to inbreed them , correct?

Michel

Thankyou ! I am in the UK..

Sorry to have put a downer on your plans :oops:

Are they from the same parents? They all look similar at the moment, so it's difficult to tell what they'll look like when they get older. My general rule when buying hatchlings is 'always look at the parents', that'll give you an idea of how the babies will turn out.

Are they from the same parents? They all look similar at the moment, so it's difficult to tell what they'll look like when they get older. My general rule when buying hatchlings is 'always look at the parents', that'll give you an idea of how the babies will turn out.
Yes they are all from the same parents. He has 9 of them and these are the top three of the nine.

Germans have some top quality jungles
Among the best on Earth

Those dont look to be quite up to standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back