Removing smells

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

agradehydro

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My Centralian Python is currently living in a converted TV cabinet. I've got two 5cm ventilation holes on one side and the small enclosed area has one ventilation hole.

The ground is covered by a layer of plastic and a layer of astroturf.

I've recently cleaned the whole tank as it was getting a bit smelly and regardless of how much I clean, the smell seems to linger. Has anyone got some sneaky advice or products that can help remove the smells without compromising Sir David's health. I've tried using Isoprophyl/water mix and that seems to help somewhat but also strips the paint off the decorations etc which isn't ideal.

Cheers guys,

Tom

You might be able to fix a jar of bi-carbonate of soda(small)to the ceiling? just a random thought. I have a shoebox of a house filled with reptiles, so have just got used to their smells(I do clean their enclosures when needed lol)

Change your substrate, the smell is getting trapped in the plastic and the turf.
If you switch to an organic substrate such as pelleted kitty litter(Ozpet or Kritter Crumble, Ozpet I find the best @ about $12 for 15kg) you will significantly cut down on odors. It will also make spot cleaning a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back