Hatchlings Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JunkYardRabbit

Reaction score
Hello!

Our Prosopine hatchlings are today 2 weeks old and they don't seem to have shed from what i can see. I have been told not to feed them until they shed. How long does it normally take hatchlings to shed and has anyone fed them before they have shed??

Cheers

How long does it normally take hatchlings to shed and has anyone fed them before they have shed??

Can take 2 ~ 4 weeks for them to shed.Yes they can be fed before they shed,I've even fed some on the day they hatched although it's best to wait until they have used the yolk that's in their bellies and they are hungry before offering food.

How are they being kept?

ps it's Proserpine

Make sure you keep them on damp paper towel till they shed - if the hatching skin dries on them, they can have great difficulty getting rid of it.

Jamie

Thanks so much for the reply! It's hard finding good info when you have never done it before.

They are being kept in Chinese containers with a damp paper towel and a toilet roll to hide in. The also have a heat cord one end of the container.

Haha thanks! My phone keeps changing Proserpine into other strange spellings!

- - - Updated - - -

Make sure you keep them on damp paper towel till they shed - if the hatching skin dries on them, they can have great difficulty getting rid of it.

Jamie
Thanks heaps! We have them on the damp paper and they have a toilet roll to hide in. I'd hate for them to have scratchy skin at such a younge age!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back