Clingons :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrVic

Reaction score
Hey folks,
A few weeks ago I noticed Ricardo had what appeared to be dried poo stuck on his vent.
I used a moistened towel to remove one piece but the second piece was rather stubborn so I left it alone not wanting to aggravate his little bum :)

Fast forward a week and it is still there with a second one again.

Right, time to play vet.
I filled a wash basin with warm water and gave the little dude a bath.
Once the treadmill impersonation ceased I held him with one hand and massaged the stuck poo. The new piece fell off no worries but the bigger, older piece refused to budge.
After soaking him for 5 minutes, I lifted his tail and tried to flick it off but was unable to.
I grabbed at it and put some pressure on it to ensure that it wasn't causing him any distress.
No problems it seems so I slowly pull away at this brown thing and it eventually comes out. The piece that came out of the vent was whitish compared to the half that was hanging outside
What came out looked like a worm. I took a look at the first poo and discovered that it too looked like a worm, albeit much smaller.
See attached pic
78e5b247c2a4257320d2fdeb78bf428b.jpg

Any ideas, suggestions, comments are all appreciated.
Thanks.

Sperm plugs, would have come off when he shed. Hopefully you didnt damage him internally and he makes more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back