lead

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sacred_DUC

Reaction score
question, got someone knocking over rabbits, for own comsumption, these rabbits taken with .22 rifle, could i feed a adult rabbit to an olive with the shot still in rabbit? some lead poison to olive would this have any affect? 750g-1kg rabbit to 10ft olive

I don't know for certain, but I wouldn't recommend it, lead is toxic to most organisms, including reptiles, and there are many reported cases of lead from sinkers and shot causing harm in everything from mammals to reptile to birds (though it doesn't appear toxic to fish, interestingly enough). Once in a blue moon may not hurt, but doing it regularly would cause problems.

If you could remove the shot it would be fine I should think.

Take the time to remove the round, but be more concerned with the parasites that come with wild rabbit. To much trouble for what it is worth I believe.
Hope old mate gets them all for you.

Easy to remove a .22 round from a bunny so give that a bash.

Well done on finding a cheap food source..

I have thought of this but am also worried about parasites. I went ferreting with some friends years ago and a mate pointed out a large cyst when gutting a rabbit and said it looked like hidatis (don't think I have spelt it right but it equates to a ball of worms). If the cyst ruptures they release throughout the body. That and lead breaking up, fragmenting throughout the body are a worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back