Smooth Knob-Tailed Gecko Aggressive

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oneofthefallen

Reaction score
Hello, I am currently having a problem with my Nephurus Levis Levis.

(firstly backstory)
When bought from the pet store a few months ago I was advised to refrain from extensive handling as to avoid stressing the gecko, in which I did so. However, the gecko has become aggressive towards me. One attempt of picking him up resulted in him biting me. Later on he was stuck and so I lightly nudged him as to assist in freeing him, as I touched him, he let out a hissing sound at me.

I know that the cause of the aggression was me not handling him commonly and while the bites are harmless I would like to know ways as to get the gecko used to me handling him a bit more as to make tank maintenance easier.

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Geckos hate being handle, some are more tolerant than others. I had a Thick-Tailed gecko that was a puppy dog, I would be able to handle him but turned after a few months and hated my guts, he would bite, hiss and all that... Key is to hot handle him, he's obviously stressed out and doesn't want to be held. Hope this helps

Thank you so much for that, not a ton of fact sheets online for such an amazing reptile :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back