Buying Before Researching

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

simboni

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am going to the castle hill expo on Sunday. I've never kept a reptile before (I have my licencing) however I've done extensive research across the range and know the basics on caring for pythons, geckos and frogs

Would it be a stupid thing to do if I bought an animal at the expo without doing researching it prior to keeping it? I'm keen to get an animal from northern Queensland (probably a python or gecko, maybe a frog) and our summer temperatures in Sydney are pretty similar to temperatures in northern Queensland at the moment. If I bought an animal it could be a week before I have correct heating and lighting.

I know I should be doing research before I get an animal, but I'm just worried that I might miss something amazing!

please let me know your thoughts, it would be really helpful for me

thanks

I'd suggest using the show to help narrow down exactly what it is you'd like to keep.

No need to rush into a purchase at a show. The reptile market has plenty to offer in all shapes and colours these days.

Or you could ask to put down a deposit on an animal you like and get everything set up correctly then pick it up.

Anything you see for sale at an expo can be sourced from a breeder at just about any other time. Expos are to show off animals that are not for sale, or to move on things that haven't yet sold. You won't miss out on anything amazing, do your research first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back