Diamonds and Coastal Carpets in the same enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki99

Reaction score
Hi Guys, After some advice. I have a 3m male diamond python approx. 9 years old. Love him to death and he is a lovely snake. Never seen any aggressive behaviour from him and he has never bitten me (food or aggression). I have to opportunity to rescue a Coastal Carpet (adult, sex unknown and wight is greater than 3kgs) but I don't think I can fit another giant enclosure in my house. I have always kept my reptiles separate and never thought about housing together, but I am wondering if in this instance its worth giving a go? I have read mixed things, about different species, males and males together and breeding etc. Would love some advice. Don't want to risk anything to my big boy :) Would it be ok seeing as they are M. spilota? Also if its ok to house together, what would minimum enclosure size be - obviously the bigger the better, just want to make sure I have the right enclosure size.Any tips appreciated, thanks!

It's a risk for several reasons, the most immediate being disease - quarantine for 12 months minimum is recommended. Then you have the risks with regard to feeding errors. Regardless of what others may say, it can end very badly. And if the other is a female - do you want to add another clutch of mid-heritage animals into an already extremely muddy market?

Jamie

No. No. No. No and no.
Very foolish thing to do for at minimum the above stated reasons.

It's a risk for several reasons, the most immediate being disease - quarantine for 12 months minimum is recommended. Then you have the risks with regard to feeding errors. Regardless of what others may say, it can end very badly. And if the other is a female - do you want to add another clutch of mid-heritage animals into an already extremely muddy market?

Jamie

Oops, should have been MIXED-heritage animals...

As Jamie said QUARANTINE. QUARANTINE.QUARANTINE.QUARANTINE.QUARANTINE.QUARANTINE.QUARANTINE.QUARANTINE.QUARANTINE.QUARANTINE.QUARANTINE.QUARANTINE.QUARANTINE.QUARANTINE.QUARANTINE.QUARANTINE. :) ...............................Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back