Snakes huffing/hissing when put together to breed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirateherpss

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I put my male jcp in with my female coastal x high yellow diamond to breed. Captain Jack, the jcp begins exploring the enclosure and when he starts sniffing around the female. He (or maybe the female, im not sure) starts huffing. Its more of a huffing noise more than a hiss. This huff is happening every 10 seconds. Does this mean anything?,,, getting ready to mate? ... wanting to fight?...

If anyone could explain this for me that would be great. I haven't seen much on the internet on this either..

Thanks guys :)

I can see you have no idea about responsible breeding of pythons for the domestic market. You should also realise that this is not breeding season.

Jamie

lol straight for the jugular there Jamie. I'll leave the arguments about cross breeding to those who still have the motivation to bother with such things but yeah it's nowhere near breeding season. At this point in the year they're more likely to size one another up for a meal than for nookie.

Maybe get yourself a good book like Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons or The Complete Carpet Python before continuing on such endeavours.

I can see you have no idea about responsible breeding of pythons for the domestic market. You should also realise that this is not breeding season.

Jamie

Obviously I'm new to it all. And doing as much research as possible to learn more. Hence why my questions sound silly to experienced people on this site. If I had people correcting me where I'm wrong and giving me advice, maybe that would help me become more knowledgable. That is why I post these questions.
- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

lol straight for the jugular there Jamie. I'll leave the arguments about cross breeding to those who still have the motivation to bother with such things but yeah it's nowhere near breeding season. At this point in the year they're more likely to size one another up for a meal than for nookie.

Maybe get yourself a good book like Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons or The Complete Carpet Python before continuing on such endeavours.

Thanks bro.. good idea! yeah I think a bit more research is in order. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best to research before action mate. You unnecessarily just put two animals in jeopardy based on an end result.

Go with what Saximus said in getting some books and save yourself a bit of time. Plus reading is actually good to perk your interests up in other things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back