New Custom Enclosure for B&G Jungle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorryboss

Reaction score
Seeking approval on my new custom build enclosure for my new B&G Jungle ( picking him up on Saturday ), Wondering if there is enough cover / levels and if the general feel of the enclosure is correct. I have more pictures if you want to see more.

If anybody wants I can provide instructions on this build

DSC_0069.jpg

how old? uvb wasnt necessary, lights up enclosure nicely for viewing i suppose. and as was pointed out to me recently its better to assume your thermo will fail at somepoint in which case 100w is probably overkill for that enclosure.

how old? uvb wasnt necessary, lights up enclosure nicely for viewing i suppose. and as was pointed out to me recently its better to assume your thermo will fail at somepoint in which case 100w is probably overkill for that enclosure.

He is a yearling, and I check the temps twice a day with my contactless infra-red thermo

Very nice setup. My only comment is that the final placement (next to the bed)?

Only reason I ask is because they do move around a bit after dark which can disturb you.

Very nice setup. My only comment is that the final placement (next to the bed)?

Only reason I ask is because they do move around a bit after dark which can disturb you.

I'm not sure, I guess I will see how it goes, just thought it looked nice there and my other snake is in the cupboard so easy access to both of them.

I just have a question about day/night cycles. am I able to regulate his day/night cycle with my sleeping cycle? I go to sleep around Midnight, so if I turn off his lights at midnight and turn them on 12 hours later ( On an automatic timer ) is that alright? my room lights will stay off until his lights are on ( Due to my current hours at work )

I have a 3 month old Darwin Albino living on my bed head. Doesn't disturb me at all, since they move basically silently, unlike lizards etc. I have an infrared lamp instead of ceramic so i can use his light as my night light to not disturb him when I get up, and just put a towel around the vivarium at night.
I can't see why his hours can't match yours, as long as your room doesn't light up at dawn, but if this were the case, you could leave the glass covered until lights on time. Steve has Painted dragons in his room, their timer is set an hour later than the rest in the house so it's not lights on at 7am. They sleep all night so no noise there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back