Rare blue tongue found in sydney national park

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great find, more than one pic in future please Simon. :)

l have to smile at this thread, because "IMO" poaching, road herping call it what you like, "MAY HAVE" inadvertantly saved a couple of species already. Already in Western Queensland Womas in the wild are rare and now with Fracking like it or not with a lot more surface water around the Womas predators can range far and wide with an abundance of surface water to support their roamings hence the demize (well almost) of the Woma, now l well remember when one major member of our herping community was "pinged" supporting his summer holiday (LOL) now back in the late 90,s when Womas were $2500:00 each this "industry" was quite lucrative to some, but "may" in the long term virtually have saved the Western Woma, now l dont condone this form of herping (personally l couldn,t be bothered) but these are facts also stacked up against the bean counters are the Tasmanian Tiger and the Cane Toad....these are just some observations over the last 20+/- years obviously there are some good points. ~B~

Just to clarify my previous post. I was in no way saying that they should be taken illegally from the wild or promoting breaking the laws in any ways. I just wanted to know if they had been seen before and if their was any knowledge on the ge netics behind them and captuve breeding ect. Sorry if anyone thought otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back