Just got home from work..........

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris212

Reaction score
to discover some mongrel has got into my backyard and stolen my 4 eastern bluey's and 2 blotchy's out of their 3 enclosures. :(
I keep them on the back veranda in three 1800x700x600 timber and glass viv's that I crafted with fake rock walls etc,
The glass doors were locked but they have just opened the top hinged part and taken them all.
This is a smaller version 1300x700x600

P1010769.jpg

It didn't even cross my mind that people would be interested in thieving them, what a joke.
Had them ranging from 4 to 9 years so they were all extremely tame, one female was happy to sit on my computer desk and watch me while I was working. She would lean up against the router for warmth.
Time to start over I guess.

I don't think anyone I know even knew I kept them, but who knows, there are some derros in my neighbourhood.

Contents insurance claim - theft. At least you'll get money to buy replacement pets, wont help with the loss much emotionally, but better than nothing.

Cops been yet - you'll need a police incident number I think.

Get ready to have to surrender your phone and email records for the last 3 months (so the insurance "assessors" can check YOU).

Hope you have photos of the nicked reptiles , they'll want these.

This is the reason I keep everything of value inside, locked up, and never tell anyone what I have, I've had fishing gear stolen twice (last time all my small/boat rods and reels + a stack of portable power tools from the garage (despite the roller doors being LOCKED), another time they helped themselves to my beautiful and very expensive fluorite APO astrograph and my very expensive mount and a heap of my telescope gear (from the LOCKED shed), and last time they nicked most of my fruit plants. Each time not so much as whimper for the 8 "watch" dogs next door.

I'd be willing to bet the thieves are well known to you , might even be a neighbour or one of their mates. Noticed anyone sticky beaking over the back fence ?

Last edited:
I hate it when these things happen to good people. Anyone who steals animals is a low life so-and-so :(

If you've got recent photos of your stolen lizards (the patterns on their sides and backs are unique to each lizard as far as I can tell - like finger prints on people) you should put them up here and all the other herping sites .... remote chance is someone will see them amongst recently acquired lizards in mate's collection or they might be offered for sale and spotted that way.

Too bad you can't microchip your lizards and snakes. (or can you ????).

Yep - very low act , just like nicking someone's fishing gear.

to discover some mongrel has got into my backyard and stolen my 4 eastern bluey's and 2 blotchy's out of their 3 enclosures. :(
I keep them on the back veranda in three 1800x700x600 timber and glass viv's that I crafted with fake rock walls etc,
The glass doors were locked but they have just opened the top hinged part and taken them all.
This is a smaller version 1300x700x600

View attachment 313616

It didn't even cross my mind that people would be interested in thieving them, what a joke.
Had them ranging from 4 to 9 years so they were all extremely tame, one female was happy to sit on my computer desk and watch me while I was working. She would lean up against the router for warmth.
Time to start over I guess.

my sympathy to you mate,just can't trust anybody these days.Pity you have to put everything under lock and key but even then that doesn't keep the mongrels out.

Really sad to hear, any photos or distinguishing features? I guarantee they'll show up somewhere for sale like Gumtree or the such?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back