Second Feedings

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agarwaen1379

Reaction score
Hi, I have a year old spotted. I fed her last night and she went to hide and digest. Today she's out and prowling about, following my movements, with no visible food bulge. She even struck at the glass when I went past. I suspect that she needs bigger mice, but I have 5 left in the pack and don't want to waste them. Ive planned to start feeding her two at once, but her behaviour today makes me think I should feed her again sooner.

So my question is:

Should I feed my snake a second mouse 1 day after the last or wait until the next feed and have her cranky and bitey until Friday?

Snakes are opportunistic feeders, they eat whenever they have access to food if they're hungry. In the bush they don't say "Oh I had a mouse yesterday so I'll have to pass up that one today..." Of course you can feed it another one whenever you like. if there was no bulge, I'd use the last of the food items you have on hand in the next week or two, and move up to a larger size rodent.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back