Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyNut

Reaction score
I would like to share what did purchase from VHS :) So what I bring home was mainly food, products and business cards however I also bought home this lovely pair of baby Varanus storri (Storr's monitors). Hopefully I will be breeding these when they mature. I believe these are male and female and possibly from a different clutch as well. They are healthy and feeding well (I hand fed them yesterday) and a fantastic addition to my collection! Did anyone else go? What did you buy??

Kind regards
CN

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 125
Last edited by a moderator:
Went. didn't buy anything. Purchased a BHP yesterday so had to restrain myself Saturday...

Pretty good. Still young so the tend to not sit still whe they are fist picked up but they soon settle down. Pretty chill once they do.

They look awesome! I ended up spending all my money on some hatchling gillens monitors only days before the expo so decided not to go to the VHS.

That's the one thing I was really tryng it find! Lol I didn't see any gillens for sale. Only one trio on display!

A great expo

It is so good to see some of you on this forum talking about the Victorian Expo on the weekend. I flew down from Darwin and had a fantastic time. I have to say a ?huge thanks? to the VHS and in particular Adam (Victorian Reptiles) for letting me hang with him and his lovely staff on his stall on Saturday, and to the team at Amazing Amazon (I can see why it isn?t just called Amazon now) at their shop for a book signing on the Sunday. I was down there to promote my book. It is about the first-time keeper and is aimed at kids in the 6 ? 15 age group, as well as give the absolute newbie the basics so they don?t make the mistakes many of the pioneers made when first keeping critters. It is called My First Reptile (see photo) and before I went down to Victoria I was worried that everyone would know everything already so there was no need for this book! I was delighted to see that there were a number of people, and mostly young people or mums and dads of young people who still saw a beginners? book as a valuable reference. (Thanks for helping make my trip break even).
I gave a talk on Oenpelli pythons and while it was difficult with the majority of people in the hall making lots of noise and buying stuff, many still turned up to see me try to convince them that as keepers we do have the skills and ability to work with some of the rare and endangered reptiles in Australia with a view to cooperatively working with Government authorities for conservation outcomes ? if we are given the opportunity (it isn?t all about money and most people saw that). After the talk about Oenpelli pythons I was dumbstruck by the number of people who have followed the saga and support the project. Again a huge ?Thanks? to you all! What the VHS expo does so well is put people face to face to discuss directions the reptile-keeping world can go. I met so many fantastic people over the weekend it was a real privilege and I hope to see you next year if I can get there. I will be hoping Sydney can match Victoria next month in both enthusiasm and hospitality as I doubt it will eclipse it. Hope to see some of you there. You will see me with a big banner advertising the book, so come and say hello, and if you see the book worthwhile and want one, please make sure I sign it directly to you.
Cheers
Gavin Bedford

Attachments

• me+and+book+28115+low+res.JPG
    me+and+book+28115+low+res.JPG
    595.8 KB · Views: 120
I was so DISSAPOINTED that I missed your talk Gavin! It was one of the things I was most looking forward to! I am another member who has been following the oepelli saga, I really hope you can make it next year!

That's the one thing I was really tryng it find! Lol I didn't see any gillens for sale. Only one trio on display!
I thought the gillens' were for sale. They were one of the reptiles I wish we had bought. Along with the mangrove monitor......

The yearling Mangrove and the hatchie just looked amazing. The blue on them is really something. We had great success with our Cape Yorks this year which was good to see. Probably because they were yearlings as opposed to hatchies. Can't sell anything if it ain't got colour. Hehe
Dan

Yep sure was. I love the Capies. Did you notice everyone was Gecko crazy this year? I had some Amyae that was snatched up in 5 minutes after I put them out.

I would like to share what did purchase from VHS :) So what I bring home was mainly food, products and business cards however I also bought home this lovely pair of baby Varanus storri (Storr's monitors). Hopefully I will be breeding these when they mature. I believe these are male and female and possibly from a different clutch as well. They are healthy and feeding well (I hand fed them yesterday) and a fantastic addition to my collection! Did anyone else go? What did you buy??

nice purchases

The yearling Mangrove and the hatchie just looked amazing. The blue on them is really something. We had great success with our Cape Yorks this year which was good to see. Probably because they were yearlings as opposed to hatchies. Can't sell anything if it ain't got colour. Hehe
Dan
James Haberfiled was the one with the mangroves. Him and his son are awesome and their collection of reptiles is HUGE! The mangroves were expensive I had no idea they went for that much money, more than a native GTP lol

Yep sure was. I love the Capies. Did you notice everyone was Gecko crazy this year? I had some Amyae that was snatched up in 5 minutes after I put them out.
My mate John McGrath had a fair bit of success with the geckos this year. Not sure if he sold out though.
I thought the gillens' were for sale. They were one of the reptiles I wish we had bought. Along with the mangrove monitor......
Lylidale High School had the glilens, they were not for sale (I asked).

Glad i didn't take any money with me because i would of been out a few hundred when i saw those baby land mullets and those hatchling levis, all soooo cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back