Another furniture conversion (for a Diamond Python) with some questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Caitlink, would love to see yours. I love the idea of repurposing sexy old pieces of furniture for our pets to live in.

b00373d06d0aedbffc149a9e1148c75b.jpg

Lighting and heating is in. Had to reinforce the top to give me something to screw into using marine ply and some masonite.

The LEDs weren't working and I'm now in 'ongoing discussions' with the eBay guy. Will see how that goes.

So close to the end now!

3842a57e142da18fa9cd2ae448629309.jpg

And it's done! Took the advice of a breeder I know and did a really thorough spray with water and it was all dry by the next day, so think the ventilation is working okay. Have a heat gradient of 9-9.5 between the two ends.

Moved her in with three available hides but so far she just seems to want to hang out on the top shelf and has barely been in the hide.

Fed last night and discovered that she likes to eat hanging upside down from the top shelf. Very exciting and made for some great photo ops.

3f7b8431e77f97ba6831f3fd15eede07.jpg

3842a57e142da18fa9cd2ae448629309.jpg

And it's done! Took the advice of a breeder I know and did a really thorough spray with water and it was all dry by the next day, so think the ventilation is working okay. Have a heat gradient of 9-9.5 between the two ends.

Moved her in with three available hides but so far she just seems to want to hang out on the top shelf and has barely been in the hide.

Fed last night and discovered that she likes to eat hanging upside down from the top shelf. Very exciting and made for some great photo ops.

3f7b8431e77f97ba6831f3fd15eede07.jpg

I would have thought a cage like that would have a vertical gradient rather than side to side. I imagine dont low would be cold with all that glas so the snake appears to be chasing heat if it is staying up top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back