"Diamond python" found taking a rest

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Diamond python" found taking a rest

It appears that the snake pictured was the snake released

Whoever released this needs to have their testicles removed.

Last edited:
Had to be a stock photo used by someone who has never seen a diamond python. A snake is a snake right? :p

Wouldn't be a stock photo. They usually have to reference the photo if it is. Also that photo's didn't show up on any of the image search i did. [MENTION=40664]arevenant[/MENTION]

it turns out the cops messed up bad, they have captured and released a boa,all they had to do was take a pic and send it to just about anyone who would id it as a non native species

What the... ??? How the hell does any self-respecting Australian confuse a Boa Constrictor with a Diamond Python? Talk about taking a stab in the dark. Just goes to prove the old adage that "a little knowledge can be dangerous". A truly epic fail.

Wait, they called a reptile removalist, ended up catching it themselves, but they didn't wait for him to ID the snake before releasing it?

Wish they would do a follow up article on how the snake was misidentified and introduced another unwanted exotic into the environment.

Diamond pythons aren't even native to the area so at best they should have thought it someones pet if they thought it was a diamond python.

I keep coming back to this thread. It's gold! I love how confidently they decided a non-native animal wasn't a pet. Hopefully the same cops will be around if any of the tigers ever escape from Dreamworld.....then they can help out by getting the "large stripy possum" they found back into the Australian bush as well.

Last edited:
Hopefully they don't start crossing with the wild population of corns up there. That wouldn't be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back