Stimsons in one Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallo

Reaction score
Stimsons in same Enclosure

I have? a male 15 month Stimmy and am wanting to get another Stimmy and was wondering if they can both go in the same enclosure. Do i have to get one around the same age? / can it be another male or does it need to be female? Does it have to be another Stimson or can it be any Antaresia? Can I get any species of python for example a woma and have them in the same enclosure?

Please excuse my stupid questions just wanting more snakes - the addiction has really kicked in

thanks

Last edited:
Based on what I have read; the best rule for snake keeping is one snake per enclosure. If you put multiple snakes in the same enclosure you may end up with the best rule.

I think it really depends of size of snake.. if they are similar sizes then your most probably going to be right putting them together

I wouldn't do it for the simple fact they COULD eat eachother. Best not to take the risk really.

1 snake in 1 tank is perfectly fine.

If your motivation to get more snakes is large enough your motivation to get a separate enclosure is too.
Putting two snakes together is not usually a wide decision.
Try searching through this forum and you will find housing them separately is the best result.

Edit: you will need additional space to quarantine a new snake. Therefore you should have space for a separate enclosure.

do not take the chance if you care for your snakes health - whilst some cases may have no issue more so one ends up hurt or dead

If you want more snakes, you need to get more enclosures. Simple.
Also, look up quarantine - the other, most important reason for separate enclosures.

Aspidites (Womas & Blackheads) are reptile eaters, so it would be very unwise to house a Woma with a Stimsons python.

Of course - thanks for response

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the advice - i thought as much

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the advice - I have the room for more enclosures so will do that

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for all the advice - I will go with the 1 snake per Vivarium rule

I think it really depends of size of snake.. if they are similar sizes then your most probably going to be right putting them together

You are definitely not speaking from experience. Perhaps you should refrain from offering advice which could yield a disastrous outcome.

Jamie

i had close to the same question which i asked someone who was very experienced.. and thats what i got from them. I'm not talking about housing mixed species. but eg. x2 carpets, or x2-3 stimmies, is okay if the same size. like pairs or trios... I'm just passing information on that i got from someone highly experienced...

i had close to the same question which i asked someone who was very experienced.. and thats what i got from them. I'm not talking about housing mixed species. but eg. x2 carpets, or x2-3 stimmies, is okay if the same size. like pairs or trios... I'm just passing information on that i got from someone highly experienced...

Always be careful offering secondhand advice because if something does happen, you are the one that looks responsible to the person asking the question.

Anyhow, as folks have said and reiterated, multiple snakes in the same enclosure can end in disaster for either one or both and its best to take your time and have 2 enclosures setup. That way you get to have twice the fun too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back