Hibernation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beans

Hey guys just a quick question about hibernation. With the colder weather approaching Brisbane should I hibernate my darwin and simson pythons? Ages are maybe... 3 years old and the simmy at about a year and a bit old. Male and female.

They are both acting normally, still eating each week and things. Also I don't know anything about hibernating and from what I have read things can go wrong if you don't do it properly? I know that for Diamonds they have to be hibernated but I'm not sure on darwins or stimsons.

It's optional in your case. There's no real need to brumate them.

I didn't think so, if she was a diamond I'd have to but yeah. Thanks Bush :)

I would not do this only if you plan to breed tho it is necessary to do so to trigger them to breed but not cooling them dose no harm to them.

No python - Diamonds included - NEED to be brumated unless you intend to breed. Though some will naturally even if you don't change anything(they can sense barometric changes indicating seasonal shifts). I've owned over 14 different species/sub-species and only one single snake ever naturally went into brumation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back